Project.- "The Wheelie Warrior"

The Wheelie Warrior

I have no real direction with the bike. I bought it new a few years ago and now that pretty much everything has fallen off or broke except for the motor and wheels i have decided it is time to give it a smal custom restoration
l

So far i have just done a few small projects so i can still play around with it this summer and not have it sitting in peices for a long period of time.

First i started by removing the honda clone engine and was pleased to find that all the wheelies i have done had torn the motor mount plate almost completely off lol.

So i broke out the grinder and went to work. After cutting away some off the original plate i welded in a peice of square tubbing to bolt the front of the motor too. I grinded the welds and cleaned up the frame around where the motor lives. I then reinstalled the motor.

Next i took one of the original fenders and trimed it up to give it a new look. idk which fender it was because they both had been ripped off years ago lol. I also took two peices of steel wire and twisted it together. Then i welded that to the edges of the new rear fender.

Love the bike what I it and what tire sizes are those?
Thanks man. I think you wanted to know what Make? Along with the tire size?? Its Its a Baja Warrior Wr65 that from tractor supply. It has the 6.5 clone motor. Everything attached to the frame has fallen off including the (fake tank, guards, stock seat, original fenders. Thats why its hard to tell what it is. The motor has even torn the frame. The tire size is 19x7.00-8 . They are the stock tires that came on the bike when i bought it.

have an idea on what you plan on doing to it for the restore?
I have a few plans so far. Im in the process of building a swing arm so i can have some suspension in the rear. Either going to use the stock springs from my 89 harley sportster 883 or mono shock it with a coilover i have from another mini bike. I also am planning on putting the peanut(stock) tank from the sportster onthe mimi also.. Im going to put aheadlight and brake light on the mini too. Just need to find a head light i like. Lol its most likely going to be gloss black on the frame and satin black on the fenders and tank.

Thanks man i hope it works/holds up when i finnally finish everything. But as for the motor i have already done a few oflittle the basica up grades/adjustments. So far i have removed the governor, drilled the jets, trimmed up the plastic fan, indexed the spark plugs, and i made my own exuast. I also ported the plastic intake to match the openings on the motor. Everything ive done has made a nice improvement over the stock settings but its never enough. If the suspension works and it dosent fall completely apart after a few test rides i have a whoke list of things i want to do to help get some more pep out of the lil 6.5 clone. I would like to get a gx 160 head port and polish it. Upgrade the valve train. Get a lightened fly wheel. And add the tva kit to replace the worn out jackshit set up i have now.

I cant wait to see the finished rear suspension because right now it looks like the cross bar support for the lower shock mount will be in the way.

I cant wait to see the finished rear suspension because right now it looks like the cross bar support for the lower shock mount will be in the way.
Yes you are completely correct about the crossbar. Its in the way by about three inches. I always planed on stretching it out thats just the last part of the rear suspensions build.

Just keep in mind while wheeling these bikes, make sure the t bolts that hold the forks together are tight!

Yeah, I found out the hardway... mangled my nice front fender up!

Thanks for the comments guys.

Clayon yea i have to agree it deffinatly has a chopper look too itself now. I love the the stance of it now.

Beal- yea man they dont put these things together very well. I know my fell apart fast. Thats why i dont many any stock parts left. They all fell off. But im not sure im going to br able to get the front end up any more. Its mostly likely going to spin before it lifts. Im going ti have to change the projects name if it wont wheelie.

I have some structural concerns to be honest.

I would have raised that swing arm pivot a little higher made a triangular braced swing arm.

I would gusset that frame too...

BUT I suspect this bike will have a realtively easy life on something smooth and flat.
Your not intending to work that swing arm hard are you....

This is more of an esthetic thing I supose.
I like the look

Your wheel is about where I am thinking of putting the rear on my son's bike this winter.
We are looking at a 22 or inch rear tyre though.

Team cheap- thank for the thumbs up man

Oldschool- I have the same concerns. It dose have a easier life now but i do plan to wheelie it if i can get the front up. I will be bracing the structure a little more but im using sch 80 tubbing so it should be fairly strong. But i am worried about the cross bar bending and pivot point breaking off. Only one way to find out tho lol. But thanks for the advice man i appreciate it cuz any ideas are most likely better then mine. Im just sticking metal together with out any real knowledge or skill. Lol

125ccCrazy

as Oldschool suggest about raising the pivot point of the swingarm...if the centerline of the pivot point and the centerline of the engine's crankshaft are not on the same parallel the chain will loosen dramatically when the suspension is compressed in your case being its lower than the crankshaft.... chain tensioners usually won't keep up with the movement of the chain up and down so they are not a good fix..

Your concept is coming along, just a tweak in the swingarm mounting and you'll be rollin...