Pull-Behind Trailer for Bird Falcon Minibike...

Hey guys, I posted a few pics of this on my other bird falcon thread.
I figured I'd do a new thread for it too, since it was a new project.
Check it out!

I thought you might enjoy this project. I made a little something to go along with this minibike that I bought from Markus.

So, I bought a small crate from Sears a week or so ago. They were closing down their store here and were selling off all their random hardware. I figured I'd either use it to store stuff in or maybe think of something original to make out of it.
So, I came up with a goofy man-ginuity project for it. I thougth it would actually make a good pull behind trailer for my minibike! The bike is a 1983 Bird Falcon.
So, I went to the hardware store and had them cut a 1 & 1/2" by 1 & 1/2" board into 3 pieces so I could make a yolk. I drilled a couple holes in the sides to insert a cotter pin and sheer bolt into. That's how I attached it to the little holes behind the rear wheel of the bike. I then attached the yolk to the crate with 4 wood screws and a lot of glue. :grind:
My next challenge was finding the best way to mount wheels to it. I found a 7/16" threaded rod at the hardware store. I asked them to cut it to length. I then got a couple 7" metal wheels with bearings inside the rim. I attached the wheels to the rod with some lock washers and lock nuts at the end of the rod. :hammer:
I used a couple 1 & 1/2" copper pipe connector tubes to slide the rod through the bottom of the crate. I used a couple copper pipe tie downs to attach those tubes to the bottom of the crate.
And boom goes the dynamite! We're up and running!! :scooter: It works great! :thumbsup: It doesn't really have a purpose aside from being fun. I might use it for hauling little stuff behind me like a backpack or random stuff. It would also be useful for little trips to the store down the street!

Now this is Funny!!!
How do u ride it with the back wheel off the ground in the Pic?

Hey guys, I posted a few pics of this on my other bird falcon thread.
I figured I'd do a new thread for it too, since it was a new project.
Check it out!

I thought you might enjoy this project. I made a little something to go along with this minibike that I bought from Markus.

So, I bought a small crate from Sears a week or so ago. They were closing down their store here and were selling off all their random hardware. I figured I'd either use it to store stuff in or maybe think of something original to make out of it.
So, I came up with a goofy man-ginuity project for it. I thougth it would actually make a good pull behind trailer for my minibike! The bike is a 1983 Bird Falcon.
So, I went to the hardware store and had them cut a 1 & 1/2" by 1 & 1/2" board into 3 pieces so I could make a yolk. I drilled a couple holes in the sides to insert a cotter pin and sheer bolt into. That's how I attached it to the little holes behind the rear wheel of the bike. I then attached the yolk to the crate with 4 wood screws and a lot of glue. :grind:
My next challenge was finding the best way to mount wheels to it. I found a 7/16" threaded rod at the hardware store. I asked them to cut it to length. I then got a couple 7" metal wheels with bearings inside the rim. I attached the wheels to the rod with some lock washers and lock nuts at the end of the rod. :hammer:
I used a couple 1 & 1/2" copper pipe connector tubes to slide the rod through the bottom of the crate. I used a couple copper pipe tie downs to attach those tubes to the bottom of the crate.
And boom goes the dynamite! We're up and running!! :scooter: It works great! :thumbsup: It doesn't really have a purpose aside from being fun. I might use it for hauling little stuff behind me like a backpack or random stuff. It would also be useful for little trips to the store down the street!

Now this is Funny!!!
How do u ride it with the back wheel off the ground in the Pic?
haha!
:laugh:

It's a challenge! I might hook up a motor to the wheels in the trailer. The trailer could hold the motor and still have a bit of room for storage. That would push the bike along in front of it. I will just have to put tiny wheels on the bottom of the kick stand legs, so that the bike will roll along in front of the motored trailer without scraping up the kick stand!

:wink:

You need a spherical rod end with a pin to remove it from a single axle tab mounted peg hooked to only one side on an arm, re-engineer it and you can have something you can use. God idea, not everyone is an engineer but we are all tinkerers. Good effort and attitude.:thumbsup: I plan a trailer for my Super Bronc and will buy a hitch one member makes or make my own. A handy thing to have since I have a big lot.

You need a spherical rod end with a pin to remove it from a single axle tab mounted peg hooked to only one side on an arm, re-engineer it and you can have something you can use. God idea, not everyone is an engineer but we are all tinkerers. Good effort and attitude.:thumbsup: I plan a trailer for my Super Bronc and will buy a hitch one member makes or make my own. A handy thing to have since I have a big lot.
Thanks! I don't think I understood 90% of those technical terms. :wink:
It seems to be working as is though.
I originally made the mistake of just putting a regular nut on the end of it. When I traveled 20 feet, the nut loosened itself and came off on one end. After that, I got the locking washers and the lock nut. They work great and don't try to work themselves off at all.
All in all, I'm pretty happy with it.