Quick tire question before I buy

Hey all sorry to bother yall with this trivial question but I just wanted ask yall with experience before I decide to buy some new tires.
I am looking at buying these snowhogs that are sized 410x6. The measurement seems foreign to me as I have read that the correct size for these on the DB is usually 15x5x6. The measurement on these seems to be full diameter and hub size.
Carlisle B43 410x6 2ply Snow Hog Tire Ariens 07160000 71213 | eBay

Can somebody with more experience than me set me straight; will these fit on the DB rim and space properly with the rotor and brake caliper?

Thank you in advance and sorry to bother yall with this.

Those are a skinnier shorter version of the 15x5x6 snow hogs. They will fit will lots of room to spare. And his shipping is expensive....

I have a 15x6x6 on the back of my DB with room to spare...

Last edited:

GustoGuy

I would use the 15x5x6 Snow Hog. I just put one on my bike and it works awesome. DB30's actually do a bit better with a little more ground cleareance and those with lower profile tires often have issues with the kick stand braket hitting when turning. The 15x5x6 is only about 0.9 of an inch taller than the stock tire so it will fit well. Here they are in comparison to the stock DB30 tire
http://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/doodlebug-minibikes/94753-doodlebug-tire-2.html#post831625

GustoGuy

The 15x5x6 snow hog is an awesome tire in the loose sand. The old tire would slip on occasions were this tire does not loose traction at all. One member said he could climb a tree with the traction that this tire offers. On the plus side I noticed about a 4mph increase in top speed too since it is about 1 inch taller than the stock tire. I put it through a test run yesterday on a variety of surfaces such as grass and narrow trails in the woods as well as loose sand and gravel and the Snow hog is superior to the stock tire hands down