now what i am in the process of getting money for and it is good to have these

billet flywheel

Flat top piston and RIngs

22mm Mikuni i dont know what jets to purchase with these mods

cam .265 lift the modified one

mikuni fuel pump

ok What else should i get and how will this setup work

open to all suggestions and what would be good gearing i have a 12 tooth clutch

you might as well advance the timing too. nr-racing.com sells the key and they're cheap.

a lot of people run a 60t rear with a 12t clutch.

if noise is going to be an issue where you ride, you might want to consider an RLV silencer. running just the header is damn loud and i stuck one on mine and it quieted it down a lot.

Last edited:
how much should i advance the timing i was thinkin 8 degrees

how will it run with juss that for now would it be good noticable power over the stock 6.5 that i have with juss header and intake

Yes it will definetly be noticeable. If your on a tight budget get a filter, a header, 18pd springs, 1.2 rockers, advance timing 6-8 degrees, cut every other fin off the plastic flywheel fan, mill your head 0.065", open up your intake port, re-jet your carb(90 or 92), get a GX140 emulsion tube, and use your ARC rod. Some of that stuff you can do for free and some you already have so it shouldnt cost you more then $100 bucks at most with shipping and will give you 10-11HP which is almost double the stock HP. I run this setup on a kart and its fast as hell, full of torque from the GX140 etube and milled head and tons of top end with the 1.2 rockers and 18pd springs. Its also still pretty safe your Billet rod and your flywheel should be fine but anymore mods and I'd probably get a Billet one.

Last edited:
Which one should i get with this set up

VALVES, SPRING, AND RETAINER PACKAGES
Stainless Steel Valve Package #1, Includes

Std Size Stainless Valves,

26 Lb Springs,

Aluminum Retainers

Split Keepers

Use with 252 thru 280 cams

VALVEPACK1
$74.00

Stainless Steel Valve Package #2, Includes

27.5 mm intake (seat must be cut),

24mm Exhaust Stainless Valves,

26 Lb Springs,

Aluminum Retainers

Split Keepers

Use with 280 and larger cams
VALVEPACK2
$79.00

Stainless Steel Valve Package #3, Includes

29 mm intake,

25mm Exhaust Stainless Valves,

Valve Seat,

Lash Caps,

Dual Springs,

Aluminum Retainers and Keepers.

8000+ RPM, 320 Cams with 24mm+ Carbs

VALVEPACK3
$104.00

Yes it will definetly be noticeable. If your on a tight budget get a filter, a header, 18pd springs, 1.2 rockers, advance timing 6-8 degrees, cut every other fin off the plastic flywheel fan, mill your head 0.065", open up your intake port, re-jet your carb(90 or 92), get a GX140 emulsion tube, and use your ARC rod. Some of that stuff you can do for free and some you already have so it shouldnt cost you more then $100 bucks at most with shipping and will give you 10-11HP which is almost double the stock HP. I run this setup on a kart and its fast as hell, full of torque from the GX140 etube and milled head and tons of top end with the 1.2 rockers and 18pd springs. Its also still pretty safe your Billet rod and your flywheel should be fine but anymore mods and I'd probably get a Billet one.
Hi
I was reading your very knowlegable info above,but the last sentence,are u saying that the motor should be safe with minor mods,using the stock rod and fly wheel??just that I am doing the same mods,and was not planning to do the rod,or wheel..if I can get away with out it??

(Its also still pretty safe your Billet rod and your flywheel should be fine but anymore mods and I'd probably get a Billet one.[/QUOTE])

Thanx.John

if you're running without a governor it's a good idea to get a rod and flywheel regardless of your mods.

someone posted pics awhile ago of a flywheel that let go. i think it might have been on a mower though. anyways, they showed a chunk of it that still had the guy's jeans attached and it also dented a metal support in the building and went through the wall.

get the knock off 22mm mikuni off ebay with animal intake also deck block to .005 pop up shave head like .050 use gx160 head gasket wuth studs you will need the 26# springs if you use 1.2 rockersplus cam watch coil bind