R/C anyone?

C9H13NO3

Anyone here into R/c stuff?

I don't mean like the walmart stuff.. I mean like the Losi, Associated, and Traxxas stuff.

I just picked up a Mamba Monster Max for $185 BNIB instead of the usual $380.

Today I finished up a prototype roll cage that fits under the stock body but still protects all the components.

If anyone wants one PM me as I bought about 200 feet of polished 3/16th steel rod.

The cage I built can support over 137lbs, since I stood on it for a good 5 minutes with no problems.

Anyone else have any r/c?

Helis, too.

I HAVE SHIT LOADS! and i really mean it, if rc car's and parts. 90% of it is custom or traxxas

is that cage for a revo, emaxx or savage?.....don't tell me you have a losi monster truck:repuke:

C9H13NO3

I HAVE SHIT LOADS! and i really mean it, if rc car's and parts. 90% of it is custom or traxxas

is that cage for a revo, emaxx or savage?.....don't tell me you have a losi monster truck:repuke:
:laugh:

I have quite the collection. 15+ runners :doah: and who knows how many in pieces :laugh:

Its for a revo 3.3. The savage already has one, and I don't like the t-maxx or 3-maxx. They are poorly designed IMO. Too heavy for the shock setup, and the A-arms aren't beefy enough.

God no :laugh: Losi is only good at 1/18 and SCT's.

I have quite the collection. 15+ runners :doah: and who knows how many in pieces :laugh:

Its for a revo 3.3. The savage already has one, and I don't like the t-maxx or 3-maxx. They are poorly designed IMO. Too heavy for the shock setup, and the A-arms aren't beefy enough.

God no :laugh: Losi is only good at 1/18 and SCT's.

15 runners? damm, you've got a problem. and I hear you on that "in pieces" part. I've got a 30gallon rubber made tub full o random parts....could prolly build 2-3 more trucks out of it:eek:ut:

Were do you get the money for this man? you sure your Momma doesn't subsidize you income? or are you just a crazy mo-fo:thumbsup: One of the reasons I backed out of rc was it was costing me the same amount of cash (and them some) as my all my mini bikes combined:censure:

Last edited:

C9H13NO3

15 runners? damm, you've got a problem. and I hear you on that "in pieces" part. I've got a 30gallon rubber made tub full o random parts....could prolly build 2-3 more trucks out of it:eek:ut:

Were do you get the money for this man? you sure your Momma doesn't subsidize you income? or are you just a crazy mo-fo:thumbsup: One of the reasons I backed out of rc was it was costing me the same amount of cash (and them some) as my all my mini bikes combined:censure:
Yeah, I've got 10 or so and my brother has a few, but he's moved back to heli's, so I kinda took them over.

I buy and sell alot, and I've been making alot of cages for them before I could even weld. I would make them out of real thin copper tube and sell them for $20 to pay for stuff.

I really only run 3 cars, my revo, my Sc10, and my crawler.

Yeah, I've got 10 or so and my brother has a few, but he's moved back to heli's, so I kinda took them over.

I buy and sell alot, and I've been making alot of cages for them before I could even weld. I would make them out of real thin copper tube and sell them for $20 to pay for stuff.

I really only run 3 cars, my revo, my Sc10, and my crawler.
Sweet, I built a tlt with a custom chassis. But them I realized TLT'S aren't cool any more and have a really narrow axle length...so I threw some 40 series road rages in it and drive it like monster truck:laugh: I guess I went full circle and it grew larger in the process.

C9H13NO3

Sweet, I built a tlt with a custom chassis. But them I realized TLT'S aren't cool any more and have a really narrow axle length...so I threw some 40 series road rages in it and drive it like monster truck:laugh: I guess I went full circle and it grew larger in the process.

I started out with an Axial Scx10 Trail Honcho, which didn't work well in anything but thick mud. Plus, the COG is too high to begin with.

I then moved to an Axial Wraith, which was good, but still not what I wanted.

Then I moved to a Venom Creeper crawler, which was a nightmare. Tried to run a MOA setup and nothing worked out the way it should have, got it moving and the dig switch hooked up but it kept breaking links.

Moved to a Redcat Racing RS10 and haven't looked back since. I threw a set of Rovers on it along with twin 55t motor (MOA setup) along with some waterproof servos. I bagged the ESC and receiver and nothing has stopped me yet!

joekd

I used to be big on Traxxas nitro, had a .15 and .25 Tmaxx's as well as a pair of .25 4-tecs (one geared for top speed, one for acceleration) but grew away from it

Now my son has an electric Traxxas Slash so I am being drawn in by the world of indoor truck racing. No mess no fumes, no annoying neighbors and can run any day no matter what the weather is like.

They also have an indoor rock crawler track which is beyond cool and tempts me to open my wallet

i started out the "hobby" with slot cars about 25 years ago and slowly moved to r/c cars racing gold tub rc10's at the home of the winter nationals(lake park)... i moved up to oval pan cars (big money) but 4wd touring cars were getting popular so i gave that a shot landing a sponcership with schumacher all the while being a "in the closet Tamiya fan"... the local tracks started closing one by one so i ran across a website one night while looking up parts for my clodzilla5 and it was RCCrawler.com and my love for scale crawlers started... mine you this was years before the you build or rtr kits. tamiya TLTs and home depot were the building blocks... now a days i don't play much with my r/cs but i have them all in boxes and one day i'll get them all out even tho they and all out dated... in order to play today and keep up you hafto be running brushless and lipo's i stopped when that stuff was just getting popular...

in a nut shell i have maby 10 or 15 rollers and i think a couple cases of tamiys TLTs unopened for future projects...

I have a Savage 4.6 truck I built a few years back when working out on the road and staying in a condo. And a couple of RC hydroplanes. Oh and a couple of planes - Ultra Stick ST 75 powered and a OX 91 FX powered 3-D.

toomanytoys

I don't have RC cars, but helipcopters.

Blade MCX
Blade MCX2
Blade 120SR
Blade 450 3D
T-Trex 450

The 450 class helicopters scare me yet. So big, so much head speed, so much everything. I keep the training gear on them and work on hovering and moving around about 5 feet off the ground.

I about demolished the blade 120SR the other night. A nice try at a low ground pass clipped the landing gear and bad stuff happened. Good thing parts are cheap, 23 dollars to rebuild what I broke.

yup i got a savage a rc18mt and a micro-t. I usto build cages too. they sold like hot cakes. iv made a ton of the head cages. the savage has a xtm 24.7 now and the rc18 a mamba. i usually just run the red one now adays though i only run them a couple times a year anymore. Next id like to have a heli or a boat. Though i just picked a couple planes outa the garbage so i might fix one of those up

C9H13NO3

Went through my shop today and took a count of what I have. This should be fun :laugh:

Revo 3.3w/ OS .21 engine
Revo 3.3w/ 3.3 engine
Revo 3.3w/ Mamba Monster Max on a 6s lipo
Mini-T w/ Mamba on 3s lipo
Mini-T w/ Mamba on 2s lipo
Savage 4.6
Duratrax Evader w/ vspec .21
Duratrax warhead w/ OS.21
Mini LST w/ Mamba on 3s lipo
Nitro Stampede
Stampede VXl
Associated Sc10
Losi XXX-Sct
Losi Strike
Traxxas Slash
Losi 8ight 2.0

Those are the ones that are in one piece... :laugh:

Out of all of them, only the Losi 8ight and the Revo 3.3 with the Mamba Monster Max don't run as of today. The Revo is still waiting on the motor and trans gears to come in. The Losi 8ight just needs a servo.

C9H13NO3

Just throwing this out there....

I have a Hobbywing Sensorless Brushless 2000kv Motor I don't need, and it doesn't even have a minute of run time on it if anyone is interested.

I have it on ebay with a BIN price of $75 and a starting bid at $35, but to OldMiniBikes members I'll pull the auction and sell it for $45 + shipping.