R.I.P. Gote Updraft Carb.......Any recommendations for a replacement ?

Original B&E 1974 updraft is toast. Threads are stripped..so it's time for a new one. I see several online as replacements..Has anyone ever used an aftermarket ?

Original B&E 1974 updraft is toast. Threads are stripped..so it's time for a new one. I see several online as replacements..Has anyone ever used an aftermarket ?
What threads and where on the carb? If that is all that is wrong with the carb it MIGHT be repairable.
Michael

minibikefever

I have a couple new aftermarkets updrafts on a couple older 8 hp motors I bought last year they both work fine but they seem to leak when you get them, if the float is set correctly and it leaks you have to re seat the emulsion tube, I had to on all 3 that I bought, or you can try to use the copper wire trick to make your's work? if you google it there must be a video? same concept as a stripped door hinge screw take a couple toothpicks or wood slivers and push them into the hole and insert the screw, in your case strands of copper wire...

Lizardking

I have a couple new aftermarkets updrafts on a couple older 8 hp motors I bought last year they both work fine but they seem to leak when you get them, if the float is set correctly and it leaks you have to re seat the emulsion tube, I had to on all 3 that I bought, or you can try to use the copper wire trick to make your's work? if you google it there must be a video? same concept as a stripped door hinge screw take a couple toothpicks or wood slivers and push them into the hole and insert the screw, in your case strands of copper wire...
Same here with the leak from the tube. Teflon washer was added to the tube to stop the leak. I had to reseat the tube several times on mine.