re-jetted carb tuning

I recently re-jetted the main jet on my Honda card to .030 can anybody point my in the right direction on the correct tuning so it will run without it having to be half choked all the time not very familiar with the clones I just recently switched from briggs to see what I can do with a clone thanks

The stock etube will work in most stockish build applications...and running gas..
I can run a S/A motor with 15-17hp on gas with a stock etube and jetted correctly...

What have you done to the motor to warrant a jet change?

I have installed an aftermarket header and have put in 1.3 rocker arms. the engine runs the best when its half choked. tried jetted the main jet to see if the extra fuel would allow my motor to run without the having the choke on half but I still end up with the same result im wondering what kind of tuning/mods to the carb I need to do so I can run it without the choke

Im currently using the stock air filter too I haven't got around to picking up an aftermarket one yet not sure if that's part of my problem or not that's why im seeking help from you guys lol any help would be great cause im not getting very far on my own thanks I did notice that the fuel needle with the little spring on it is turning 8 half turns out from the carb and its not the idle needle

Last edited:
Not sure what a 190 is?did you mean gx160?
Make sure all the gasket are on correct...on the carb...

We can make a full blown 25hp predator run on gas with a stock carb, and a .024 low jet and a .039 main jet... On the dyno...with the proper AFRs
Did you check valve lash, what is your timing, make sure it did not jump timing...

OK I feel like I need to tell the whole story about this motor when I got it, it already had an aftermarket header, 1.3 rocker arms and a carb from a Honda gx something with the main jet jetted to .027. It runs the best when half choked. The air/fuel needle has been turned out to 8 1/2 and still needs to be choked to run good. Do I need to jet the main jet bigger to make it run without half choke ineed some help on how to proceed from here any help would be great thank you I did re-jet the main jet to .030 and I get the same result not sure what to do from here thanks

Probably would have better results with a .36 or .37 jet. That's what comes in the kits at OldMiniBikes. Plus the 140 e tube.
I have used this combo on about 6 engines and had great results. Choke on to start it then all the way off to run. Works great. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
does it idle with choke open or does it have to be half way to idle ? What happens when you close the choke all the way ? Does it die immediately, bogg down, keep running ???

Cold starts - do you choke it all the way to get running ?