Recommendations for a Torque converter for a Baja warrior

Does anyone have any recommendations for an inexpensive tav for a Baja warrior 200. I am leaning towards a bravex just because of the us support offered.

SAS289

Never heard of Bravex. The inexpensive TAVs are all made in China and sold by many different sellers. What you get from Bravex may be the same quality that you would get from any other seller at the same price. If you are looking for support from the seller you might as well get it from them. I'm not sure how much support you would get from an ebay seller.

If I get another TAV I would first contact the seller to make sure what I'm getting has a 5/8" jackshaft with a 3/16" key. Some of them come with a 16mm jackshaft and 5mm key. If you plan on a gearing change you want the 5/8" jackshaft. I was lucky on my first one and got a 5/8" jackshaft.

toomanytoys

I bought a whatever brand china verter off Amazon for 50 bucks. I’ve beat that poor thing over and over. Exploded belts from repeated steep hill climbs off road and it’s always came back for more. I’ve only serviced it one with dry Lube.

ive been happy. The key is to make sure your belt is correctly aligned!