removing brake drums heald

Does any one have any tricks on removing brake drums from axles? Been heating and prying with no sucsess, same with an axle hub heating and pulling no luck.
Thanks

toomanytoys

Post up some pictures?

Are you refering to the tube, with the bearings and the axle hub on that tube? If you are that hub does not come off that I've seen. And the brake hub on the front of my heald with front brakes is welded to the tube.

Yes it is a band brake system 1 on each axle on either side of the diff, they have 2 set screws on each brake hub have those removed. I have been soaking them with wd and than heating and trying to work off with no success. I have seperate controls to activate each side independitly. I have not seen any of these healds with front braking systems this must help quite a bit in stopping. Was thinking of going with disc setup if I can find it. Sorry no pics yet still learning to navigate site I am NOT electronics literate.
Thanks

MNGB

Hi brickman13, on my Super Tryke they came of with penetrating oil and using my press but the Hauler was a different story I could not budge them ended up having a friend take them to his work place where they have a 50 ton press and then it required heating the hub with a very large torch to get the hubs off the brake disc came lots easier.
GB in MN:scooter: