Removing tire from wheel Sperry rand tricart

What is the best way to dismount a rear tire a good one that holds air from the wheel and split the wheel so I can remove it from the tire.

There’s no magic trick to dismounting these tires. It's just a conventional tire bead and seat. The rims can’t be split. They can be messy to dismount because the rims are deep and tires are usually old and dry. The small 6" size doesn't give you a lot of flexibility around the bead. Use lots of bead lube and patience when dismounting and mounting. I’ve used a HF small tire changer on these but needed to make an extension to work with these deep wheels. Often the hard part is getting the wheel off the axle if it's never been off in its life. It usually takes many soakings with liquid penetrant, application of heat or a slide hammer… or some combination of all.

If it’s holding air, why dismount it? These tires haven't been in print since the seventies, so if the bead gets wrecked, you're done.

Thank you I did not want to destroy the wheel I don't care about the tire I thought the wheel was a two piece wheel I got new tires to mount I 'll just cut the tires off

I got two goodyear terra tire 16x15-6 that my buddy found in an old shop in Calif one had a beadlock wheel mounted in it that said terra-Trac on it.I won't be using them so I'm going to sell the tires and wheels.I'm doing something different on the rear.

Last edited: