Reproduction Tecumseh HS dog leg mufflers

cfh

Doesn’t look like he’s bending the tubing but is cutting it and then re-welding it to get the bends. So it’s not as smooth looking as the originals. Kind of stands out at least to my eye. But in the end it’s probably great that these are now available. But at 100 man it’s not cheap

Yeah, I noticed that too. They look like they are angle cut and welded vs bent. Maybe the zig vs the curve has something to do with a patent? The price is on upper range of an NOS. At least they will be a little easier to find.

cfh

if you don't have an automated cnc pipe bender, this would be really hard to replicate. the way he's doing it, you could make a jig in your basement and easily duplicate the bends over and over, without much effort.

cfh

there is big differences in hs40 versus h35. even hs50 is a little different than hs40 (i believe). that's what i'm saying... he could easily set up a jig for these and make them in his basement. bending the tubing would bring a whole other level of complication (and expense) to the project. i give him compliments for doing this.

I know the differences between the engines themselves, left vs right exhaust port. I was trying to parse the difference between his offering of the H25/H30/H35 repo muffler vs his HS40 offering.

I respect anybody's efforts to actually produce parts related to the hobby. Parts can always be improved once here.

I know the differences between the engines themselves, left vs right exhaust port. I was trying to parse the difference between his offering of the H25/H30/H35 repo muffler vs his HS40 offering.
I respect anybody's efforts to actually produce parts related to the hobby. Parts can always be improved once here.
I have one of these custom made Tecumseh HS40 mini bike exhaust pipes on order & should be receiving it on Monday - August 17, 2020 & hopefully arrives on time. I will upload some better pictures & dimensions of it once I get it & post on this thread for you get a better look at it.

Here is the ZigZagMufflerz - Custom Made HS40 Mini Bike Exhaust Pipe that I purchased. I provided pictures & text on them for the measurements. The welds were done nice & port matched to the block & also did not leak when I pressure tested it. It was certainly a bit pricey but I am happy with it & I like the look.

Attachments