restoring coleman sport 2.40

Status
Not open for further replies.

here in next 2 or 3 weeks im gonna get with hent and scan some info for him to put on here kinda like the artic cat page.im going on vacation to hawaii next weekend for around 11 days ,so i ll probably do it when i get back.

Coleman Page

The Vaca sounds nice! I just used most of mine working on the house. Did get a little mini bike work done. Sounds good on the Coleman page. I sent Hent some stuff as well. Just took my 530 tank down to have it soda blasted. Unfortunately, I have to waite for the humidity to drop. Landed some parts on Ebay pretty reasonable. Got the wheels!

i took my frame to get it powdercoated.its gonna be a coca cola red.this mini should look nice when i get done.still waiting on the seat and foam from jeff .other than that i think the only think i need for this one is a new petcock,have about everything else and maybe a couple of cables.wanted to take my 2.40 to MID-OHIO last weekend but cant get it started,tired of messing with it need a break from it.gas got on the tank when i was transporting it and the mechanic couldnt get it started and broke a small rivet on my 200.00 recoil.the tank ill have to paint again,gonna mask off the stickers and paint top.looks like when i trailer them somewhere im gonna have to remove tanks.the caps need corking on the bottom of both caps.hopefully i can call jeff and see if he ll send my that rivet since he rebuilds them.

Don't ya just hate it when that happens?? My Roadster tank has been re-painted 3 times and I still haven't gotten to "really" ride it yet. Guess I should get some better paint for that dang tank, huh?

i have the coleman spoirt 2.40 and its almost cherry. i bought it for 200.00 and all i did was fix the pull starter.i have lots of questions about it though can anyone help me?i believe theres two chambers to that sachs motor.do you put trany fluid in the transmission?and if so does it go in the flat head srewdriver hole or what?

george3

does it look like tranny fluid? the drain plug removel will tell you. TF, ha ha thats funny. probably 10-30 oil. you better find out how much. alot of little bikrs its 16 oz. my yam. 80 mx was 500cc of oil just over 1/2 qt. my chibi wae 16 oz. You might do some reading before you do anything to the bike. do you mix gas and oil? 2 stroke?

Coleman 5.3 parts

I'm new to Mini bikes and I need some help. I just bought a Coleman Sport 5.3 and was wondering were to find parts. At this point all I need are new decals and the two handle bar clamps ( the two clamps that hold the handle bars to the triple tree ) any help would be great. Thanks Steve

markus

moose, try this guy out (see attached pic). Thats the Jeff fellow that they are referring to earlier in the thread about decals etc. Of course this thread info is from '06 but I'm sure its worth a try, hes still doing minibike stuff! Also, I MAY be able to accomadate you with the handlebar mounts! Are they the same ones as seen in the "exploded" pic???

Good luck and post up some pics. I'd like a coleman just cause i'm into vintage campers, supplies etc.. and they are neat bike!

Last edited:
New to the site
starting to rebuild a coleman sport 2.40 sport. piston skirt is broken - pieces missing.
need:
piston
tank decals - more as project proceeds
any info helpful -
gary

Watch ebay there a guy on there that has the top ends for the 47cc auto engines every know and then, It will be cheaper than Jeff, If you can't wait till they show up on ebay call Jeff. I have a Coleman 5.3 that I got the decals and fork nylon insert from him and a parts break down of the bike. I do not have the original engine, I.m going with a Tecumseh in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.