retek cheetah need advise

hay guys my dad and i and i'm 17 have been working on a Retek cheetah here all winter found a 5hp motor off a snow blower to fit it because all i had was wheels ,seat, and the frame i got a head light and handle bars off a three wheeler now i,m working on trying to figure out how to do a brake set up one one of these because there's no brakes on it as of now but then last week the old owner that gave it to me got ahold of me on Face book and was like i found the original gas tank for the cheetah i was so happy but any way got any ideas for the brake set up? oh and the chain/belt drive thing do you know were i can get a belt to fit it could i just just go to a local parts store and get one or what?

pictures of it will be posted as soon as i can
oh and do any of you know roughly how fast itll go with a 5hp on it should i find a biger one or stick with the 5hp

Last edited:

I have been called alot of things but...Young has not been used in quite a few years. So I guess 47 is the new 27 :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Get in tough with me or chatten63 and we can send you pics of the brake set up. I have 2 Cheetahs. The green one and my current project

I had a 5hp on mine and decided to install a 6hp on it cause the 5hp lacked the power to get me up the hills. The current one is getting a 7hp.

I have been called alot of things but...Young has not been used in quite a few years. So I guess 47 is the new 27 :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Get in tough with me or chatten63 and we can send you pics of the brake set up. I have 2 Cheetahs. The green one and my current project

I had a 5hp on mine and decided to install a 6hp on it cause the 5hp lacked the power to get me up the hills. The current one is getting a 7hp.
ok will do :thumbsup:

I have been thinking of two different ways to mount a better brake system. The first would be to get a keyed jackshaft and mount a drum/band brake in the jackshaft. The other idea is to mount a brake drum where the disc was and put a band brake there. I also have a buddy who has a Cheetah and they mounted a Hydralic disc brake set up on the rear. Do you have the original brake parts at all ?

Or you could just trade the whole bike to me and I will have to deal with it :laugh:

i might have to take you up on that ill ask my dad what he thinks can i get pictures (he is the one who likes original parts on his stuff so he might want me to get those off of you may i ask price?) and i have the gas tank not on it yet have to get it just havent gotten around to picking it up and when i got it all i had was the frame wheels(not in pictures i could get some pictures tomorrow of them) and the fenders as seen i had to get handlebars and light off a three wheeler found the working 5hp motor on a snow blower a guy was throwing out becuse it was broken or so he thought oh and its painted black with a green stripe down the fenders becuse the guys son that gave us it was going to make it to match there towing company but the dad died and kid gave up on it so he gave it to me i had no clue how hard the parts were gana be to find

Last edited:
:sad: :mad2:im kind of glad he did because i would have never meet you guys if he didt oh and i just realised i have had a few cheeftah i think there called well i was growing up my granpa just soldmy old one for 75$ at his sale he had this summer