Rupp Continental Help

From what I've learned here, I have a 60s Continental of some sort. I'm looking to find what year and specific model it is. Engine is missing. It has a jack shaft. SN tag under seat reads 07370.

Thank You

I've looked at a lot of continental pictures, old brochures and manuals over the last week. I did just look at first 20 pages in the Rupp gallery and ran across the image just posted too. It is very similar to mine, except the chain to the rear wheel sprocket on mine attaches to a sprocket on a jack shaft. This shaft sits just forward of the swing arm pivot point. I've see pictures of Customs that used this jack shaft. I will post pictures tomorrow.

markus

Looks like a 65-66 continental "custom". I am not sure if there were actual physical differences between those 2 years on the bikes as I don't have access to both parts listings.

Thanks everyone.
I've seen 64 Continentals in brochures with the tail light mounted on the rear fender. Mine has a bracket that appears to be factory attached to the rear fender bracket. Possibly a 64?

markus

Thanks everyone.
I've seen 64 Continentals in brochures with the tail light mounted on the rear fender. Mine has a bracket that appears to be factory attached to the rear fender bracket. Possibly a 64?
They introduced the Gran Prix wheels on the 1965 bikes. the '64 was rolling on steel wheels. I have been told in the past that the serial numbers were in series in those days. I dont know the truth in that or if there is somewhere to pull some compassion from to see if you can narrow it down a little. Is there remains of a brake switch or headlight mount block or underseat battery box (even scratched paint maybe indidcating it had a lighting kit on it :shrug: