rupp identification. help?

hi guys. new member here. 34 years old never got a mini bike as a kid, and been looking for older one to fix up and cruise now a days. So I picked up this Rupp recently. And I fell instantly in love. lol been doing lots of research but cant quite pinpoint what xact model and year its is. Is it a Continental Electra? a C350? I say that cause there's a hole where headlight went. anyway, frames straight, perfect fixer upper. just needs TLC and few things. Its currently got a Briggs & Stratton 3 hp in it. will def be upgrading. and for FOURTY $$ for the bike ? yeah. I'm stoked. soooo, my new minibike veteran friends...WHAT RUPP IS THIS? WHAT YEAR?...thanks for any input.

jrzmac

looks like it might be a 1967 Rupp Continental. could be an Electra model if it has the hole for the headlight. the main reason is because in 66 they had a jackshaft

and in 67 they didn't? don't know why.....

in 67 they also had a flat, one piece engine mounting plate:

and in 66, there were 2 seperate pieces:

heres yours:

for sure. thanks man. for the info and zoom pic help too. only thing is there's no hole in back for taillight wouldn't elektra have a hole back there for one? and the seat sits all the way to the very back of frame. and by look feel and condition its in it looks original. so your final answer would be its a 67 continental? not a 66? throw me the whole exact name of this bike if you could. how is the title worded?I'm sorta new to these. but I'm also sort of hooked. lol I want to know so I can start soaking in as much knowledge as I can about my new bike.example: 1967 Rupp Continental Electra? :shrug::laugh::thumbsup:

markus

as stated in my first post, 1967 C 350 custom. they all had the hole for the headlight. in '67 they did not have a tailight mount integrated into the frame. the mount was a bolt on. the seat may be original base and foam, but its placed too far back. There is a plate/pan under the seat, the seat would of originally had like wingnuts for quick removal the serial number plate should be rivited on there. It of course wont tell you much but thats where it is. the plate was there for the battery box to mount to for the add-on light kits that were sold.

optional light kit: