Rupp Torque Converter replacement options

My son and I have been bitten by the mini bike bug. Our winter project will be a Rupp Scrambler that we picked up. The goal is to build a nice driver, looking as close to original as the budget will allow. The bike came with a 5HP Tecumseh that we will go through.
I'm starting to put a parts list together and one of my questions is the torque converter. I see that original parts are few and far between so is there a good aftermarket set up that will work, still using the stock cover.
If anyone can share what they used that would be great, pictures, part numbers etc.
Thanks again!!!
00j0j_gWQPBKeareZ_1200x900.jpg 00202_9oBPbdN1Rwp_1200x900.jpg
IMG_5203.JPG IMG_5207.jpg

Thanks gumpit.....a few questions, are those original Comet or reproductions? What jackshaft and gear are you using? Sorry for the questions. I'm new at this.

Thanks

Chinese Comet 20 series knockoff.. they work just as well for me. I have run them for years without an issue.... I forget the gearing but since I am 375 pounds I am sure it was geared low probably a 9t because I dont like the 8t sprockets. I dont feel like they leave enough material when you go too small. Stock rear sprocket..Had no problem carrying me up the hill at Windber. Fun little rider...

why series 20? if you replaced both drive and driven, why wouldn't you use series 30?
Because the 20 series has an inboard spring like the original. If you use the 30series with an outboard spring it sticks out too far.

Last edited:
OK see what you mean. On series 20 you can mount driven either way
If you look where the driven sits in relation to the frame/swingarm it sites in the V part with the spring facing in. Thats why you want the 20 series.
If you were to flip it spring outboard you might need the spring off a 30 series which would be reverse wound somthe ramps would sit correctly. But that would do nothing but to make the spring stick out further and the cover might hit.