RUPP TT500 INSPIRED MOTORBIKE

I built this bike about 11 years ago to race on the go kart tracks at Willow Springs, Apple Valley, Adams and Apex raceways with other motorbikes. I read about the Rupp 2 speed minibikes and wanted to duplicate the setup. I also wanted to make it a stand alone transmission that could be installed behind any engine that had the room. So I made a housing that held both keyed shafts, clutches, chains and bearings. Then I made a housing that it slips into and can be welded into whatever frame you choose. I cut the center out of my Schwinn seat post down tube and welded it onto the bike. I had to add one more chain and sprocket set to make it pedal start. When I was done it started easily and shifted nice. Sounded like a Powerglide when it shifted. DSCN5940_zps82d25c5c.jpg DSCN5860_zpsad89794d(1).jpg DSCN5862_zpsc9517eee.jpg DSCN5862_zpsc9517eee.jpg DSCN5868_zpsc5ee58ac.jpg DSCN5868_zpsc5ee58ac.jpg DSCN5891_zps40c5ea29.jpg DSCN5896_zps72b53fd3.jpg

Cool beans!!! You have any video of it in action? What was your top speed and what engine did you use?
It's a 5hp flathead Briggs, my favorite engine. I have half a dozen Briggs powered bikes I've built over the past 35 years. I had a video right after I finished it, but I'll need to make a new one when I get it all done again. I need to modify some pulleys but my lathe is down for a while.

River Rat Ron

Very nice bike,….reminds me of the old board racers.
Have to admit wrapping my head around the trans function had me scratching my head.

One way bearings and two clutches that engage at diff. Rpm’s finally clicked ….pardon the pun.
I regret not learning metal lathes, cnc mills etc…love to learn now but no more than I need them I can’t justify the cost.

Very nice bike,….reminds me of the old board racers.
Have to admit wrapping my head around the trans function had me scratching my head.

One way bearings and two clutches that engage at diff. Rpm’s finally clicked ….pardon the pun.
I regret not learning metal lathes, cnc mills etc…love to learn now but no more than I need them I can’t justify the cost.
Well I'm no machinist but learned to make simple stuff.