Ruttman mania

Hi oldminibike fans last night me and my bud Danny Reams had alittle fun with are vintage minibikes Of coarse Im the one on the left the good looking one with the brighter red ruttman Danny's bike turned out killer we took them for a spinn around the parking lot it was a great time just wanted to share with you guys. The pics. do not do the bike justice. like to hear comments

Last edited:
Very Nice:thumbsup:Can't beat the clean polished look:thumbsup:
How about some details?
What tires are on each of them? The ones on the darker bike look small/Sprocket contact?
What kick stand setup on the brighter one?
Engine sizes?
Thanks

Hi Minibender
thanks for the question the bikes are Ruttmans mine is the the earler year it was made
with a washer in the the back of the frame so it was called a washer framebike or better a GT140 Danny's came along after around 1970 being a strap in the back of the frame
soild foot peg got to have the soild footpeg . My ruttman is a little smaller in length. so thats the frame run down for you.THe sprockets are the same in size 60 tooth . The sprockets have both been triple plate chromed . The engines are 3.5 hp Tecumseh with steel tanks taylor exhaust . The seats are both Rob Peeler made .My ruttman has double Indian head carlisles nos 4inch tires on it and Dannys' bike has 4 inch pocket tires on it as far as kickstand good luck on that one I found it at a swap meet it fits the bike like a glove.
Minibender I hope this helps

eeeeeyyyeeeeaaaahhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!! RUTTMANS RULE!!!!!!!!!!! lol thanks guys, its nice to hear the good comments. Kyle, that was fun lets do it again. see you at work.

oh and minibender, as far as the sprocket goes with contact if you lean too far you can grab but its not bad at all ive only rubbed the ground once. thanks Dan

Just two big boy's having fun ! It is kind of like the end of Christmas day and Santa sent them each a brand new Mini Bike. They sure must have been good to get a pair of fine Ruttman mini bikes. Every part just pops of the page.
Great work Kyle and Danny this is the best of times.
Steve :scooter:
PS : Selling mini bikes and go Karts at Christmas time was the best part of being a shop owner. :thumbsup: