Ruttman push scooter?

Addicted 2 Minis

I recently responded to a Facebook Marketplace listing for a Ruttman washer frame for sale when I found something I didn't know existed... perhaps?. When I arrived to the sellers address I was pleasantly greeted by a gentleman who was more than happy to share his entire collection. To my surprise, it was a huge collection of Ruttman and Lil Indian mini bikes, three buildings worth!. Among his collection was a Ruttman Washer that had been turned into a push scooter. It was a regular mini bike frame that had been cut behind the axle hanger where the frame bends upward on the rear hoop. The top tube was removed and it used the engine plate for foot placement. He said his was converted from a mini bike that had a bad frame but Ruttman did actually make them. I have looked all over to see if this is true or just something that many people did with an unusable frame at the time. If anyone has pictures or can confirm that Ruttman actually did make them for production it would be greatly appreciated.

The did not....Lil Indian did however. There were only a few made for their children...like 2-3. They were made from the two piece frames. They left the top part off and modded the bottom for foot placement. I believe Dean has one still.

Addicted 2 Minis

I hope you bought a bunch of stuff when you were there. Lol.
Hahahaha, surprisingly I only left with the Washer frame but I did make a new mini biking buddy for sure. All I can say is OMG!, he must have had around 50 Ruttman's and probably 10 Lil Indians. Not all of his collection were top notch but he made up for it in sheer numbers, mostly Ruttman Spyders, that was his thing.