Ruttman. something?

Looks like the neck bolt was stuck and they heated it up. And also the forks are torched to straighten. And when you heat them like that...they become dangerous unfortunately. But ya...the wheels are worth that.

JimmyC

Looks like the neck bolt was stuck and they heated it up. And also the forks are torched to straighten. And when you heat them like that...they become dangerous unfortunately. But ya...the wheels are worth that.
They were heated to try and straighten. Didin't budge by hand. Put them in a press and did it cold a few days later at a friends house. Still needs a tiny bit more. Had to heat to break fork bolt loose.

Last edited:
WOW! Your handle bars were bent and heated to repair? And this is the result.
Tried heating first....didn't wanna crush them...so then put in press cold. Then tumble down hill and that is final result. Only thing I hurt was my pride. But if you used just a store bought propane torch.....you really didn't get it hot enough to matter probably.

JimmyC

Tried heating first....didn't wanna crush them...so then put in press cold. Then tumble down hill and that is final result. Only thing I hurt was my pride. But if you used just a store bought propane torch.....you really didn't get it hot enough to matter probably.
I used a torch from lowes. Couldn't get it red.