Sachs 80 Parts

Looking for any and all parts to build a Sachs 80B engine for one of my Speedway Mini bikes. This engine was used on the Speedway Black Shadow as well as other mini bikes. I also read it was used on racing karts in the late early 70's, etc. If you have engine or engine parts such as piston, rings, etc., please let me know.

Thanks
Frank

sachs 80b

Looks like their could be an old one :shrug: on e-bay right now, 150 bucks.
search: "sachs kart"

Looks like the right clutch on ebay is their also.
search: "clutch sachs engine"

Last edited:
Hi Restore,

Yes that looks like it (80cc) the 125cc looks different to me.
Do you want to sell yours do you have other parts?
I'm in Michigan too.

Thanks
Frank

Fat Boy

The Coleman 5.30 motors are the 50s series of Sachs Motors and are 50cc not close to a 80b Sachs motor . I have some new points sets for the 80b motors that were in the Speedway bikes . I think I would study up on what the 80b Sachs engines look like before trying to buy one .

Last edited:
The Coleman 5.30 motors are the 50s series of Sachs Motors and are 50cc not close to a 80b Sachs motor . I have some new points sets for the 80b motors that were in the Speedway bikes . I think I would study up on what the 80b Sachs engines look like before trying to buy one .
:lol: Thats what I was wondering..

Actually they are 73cc but ya they are cool. Just like it came on a Speedway BlackShadow cira 1972. I have another one but it needs a piston/rings and they are definately the proverbial "Needle in the Haystack". I have a couple of NOS cylinders but thats about the extent of "Extra parts". Actually the above picture has the later version driver on it-I thought it looked cooler.

Thats what I was talking about the 5.30 motors and the 80B motors are not close in looks at all . Thanks for the nice pictures .

Hi Guys, thanks for all the info and the great photos too. Also, thanks for the tip on the80b on ebay. Once I get a core, I can then figure out what parts I need and get back to you guys ASAP for parts, etc. The NOS cylinders may come in real handy.

MikeBear

WTF!!!???? :lol: Thats nowhere CLOSE to the Coleman.. Yours is WAY cooler.. A pull start 80 CC two stroke Sachs with just a tav, no tranny crap? :drool: I'll bet thaing is crazy powerfull for it's size and weight..
They were called the "Widowmaker", if that gives you any info... They are also very, VERY rare.

Nice engine!
When did Sachs stop making those engine and the ones in the arctic cat,Coleman bikes, Did they ever stock a lot of parts for them back in the day here in the States.
I always stayed away from buying any of them because of the shortages of parts.