Scat Kitty mini bike

Hello all,

I just picked up a Scat Kitty mini bike at the swapmeet this morning. It's nearly complete. It needs an engine, chain guard and seat from what I can tell. It is not painted. It looks to be in pretty good condx. Was there a twist grip throttle on it? The handle bars, which look stock, have a brake handle on the left side and a kill button on the left side also. The is also a brake light switch on it. Did they have electrical systems?

Are there parts available to return it back to stock?

What engine was stock in it?

The Sn# is SK2376

Thanks for any help.

Don.

Yes it had a twist grip throttle

They were available with a lighting kit,headlight and brake lamp

H25 2.5hp tecumseh engine

eBay has parts everyonce and awhile

Yes it had a twist grip throttle

They were available with a lighting kit,headlight and brake lamp

H25 2.5hp tecumseh engine

eBay has parts everyonce and awhile
Thanks for the info. I see there was a light on ebay for it a couple of weeks ago.

I'm thinking now that I shouldn't have bought it. I don't know where I'll find all the parts for it. It'll probably end up as a garage dust collector.:scooter:

WOW a Skat Kitty? We need some pics of this Beast.. :drool: What did you pay for it? :drool: They had lights, or some did anyways I know.. The original engine would be a Tecumseh and the first digit would have been an H in the numbers.. H25 or H30 or whatever..

Skat Kitty - Old Mini Bikes Photo Gallery
Thanks..I'll try and get pics of it and post here. Although I'm thinking I probably shouldn't have bought it. It'll end up as a dust collector in my garage.

james c

i have a serial #266 and it has a 6volt light setup that runs on a battery, has brake light and running lights, finding a clutch cover is a pain as i have only seen one on ebay for a nice chunk of change and it was remade, it should of had a h25 or 2.5 hp tecumseh

Thanks..I'll try and get pics of it and post here. Although I'm thinking I probably shouldn't have bought it. It'll end up as a dust collector in my garage.
Have you ever seen what the parts go for? Have ya ever researched what just your bare frame goes for needing everything? :shrug: I'm thinking if it has wheels and handle bars and rolls around.. AND you spent less than 300 bucks... You would have been CRAZY NOT to buy it.. :shrug: Skat Kitty is a hell of a score... Very desirable bikes..

All this Skat Kitty talk has me thinkin of Dan's story... I'm calling my Jail-Brother.... this has done sealed the deal.. I can't take it anymore... :lol:

No, this is the first Skat Kitty I've ever seen. I have no idea what it's worth. It's just has a coolness factor that I like. The cast aluminum frame is what caught my eye. It is a mostly complete rolling frame. It's missing the seat, engine, drive chain from engine to intermediate sprocket, chain guard and twist grip from what I can tell. Even as a kid in the 60's I don't remember these. We had a couple of different mini bikes growing up

Is there a way to date this bike from the serial number? SK2376?

I was thinking of trying to use an old Briggs 4 stroke washing machine engine (WMB) but the kickstarter would be in the way. I have a 2 cylinder 2 stroke Maytag engine too but it would take too much to get it to work.
Here in San Diego, there is an old car and junk swapmeet coming up in Februaury. Hopefully I'll find an engine there. That swapmeet is huge. Lots of cool old junk. There's also "The main event" out in Quartzsite Az. this month. There's usually a lot of old stuff there too.:scooter:

No, this is the first Skat Kitty I've ever seen. I have no idea what it's worth. It's just has a coolness factor that I like. The cast aluminum frame is what caught my eye. It is a mostly complete rolling frame. It's missing the seat, engine, drive chain from engine to intermediate sprocket, chain guard and twist grip from what I can tell. Even as a kid in the 60's I don't remember these. We had a couple of different mini bikes growing up

Is there a way to date this bike from the serial number? SK2376?

I was thinking of trying to use an old Briggs 4 stroke washing machine engine (WMB) but the kickstarter would be in the way. I have a 2 cylinder 2 stroke Maytag engine too but it would take too much to get it to work.
Here in San Diego, there is an old car and junk swapmeet coming up in Februaury. Hopefully I'll find an engine there. That swapmeet is huge. Lots of cool old junk. There's also "The main event" out in Quartzsite Az. this month. There's usually a lot of old stuff there too.:scooter:

or you could throw a rope starter socket on the front of your WMB.. :shrug:

Here's the one I had with the Briggs. I got it from the original owner in 2002 and sold it a couple yrs ago. Serial# 649. The guy thought he got it in 1964 when he was 7.

Last edited:
All - I have a scat kitty for sale. Note it has been in the barn for years and years, but ran when it was parked. It's got some rust, but overall in pretty good condition. Needs some love if anyone interested let me know and make offer

All - I have a scat kitty for sale. Note it has been in the barn for years and years, but ran when it was parked. It's got some rust, but overall in pretty good condition. Needs some love if anyone interested let me know and make offer
You need to put the bike in the "for sale" section. Won't get very noticed in a 7 year old thread. Good luck with your sale.