Scat tracker belt size.

hey guys new to the forum. been wrenching on small engines for years tho. i have a few custom built racing mowers and a go kart. my newest project is a scat tracker in need of some TLC. First thing can anyone tell me what size belt they run on thiers. or better yet a part number? i have tried a few belts but they dont seem wide enough. i may replace the clutches with a comet 20 or 30 series but for now i d like to at least get the right belt because the clutches dont shift out with the belt i am using. Any help at all greatly appreciated

yes it does look like that. i have pics i can upload later. just wont go faster than 12mph and revs out because the clutches arent shifting out. i think the right belt will take care of the issue. i have the jcpenny part number but its useless

well guys. i tryed looking up that belt number. seems as tho its discontinued and no body carries them :shrug:

the whole torque converter system on this thing is discontinued. i want to convert it over to a comet 20 series sometime soon anyways. it will cost around 120 dollars to do so, but id like to try to get these clutches to work first. i wonder if i can cross reference that comet number to another manufacturer. im also going to measeure my center to center distance when i get home and then get back on here.

IF it is a Horstman converter like on mine it is a symetrical belt Gates Truflex # 3340. They are still available on Ebay, thats where I got mine. Look on the driver and the driven pulleys and if it says Horstman Manufacturing then that belt requires the 3340. Mine came with the 5hp Briggs engine and the PO said the rig was all original.

i found the gates belt on ebay. seem like its alot closer to being the right belt. my clutches are so dirty and old and rusty i couldnt find any kind of identification on them. anywhere i should look in to verify its a hortsman converter setup?

gota try to pull the wheels of the axle today. one came off yesterday but the other wont budge. drilled some holes in the rim and guna try a modified harmonic balancer puller and an impact. let u guys know how it goes. ill post some pics

Horstman converter

It might not be a Horstman because they have their name stamped right on both driver and driven pulleys right on the face. I live in So Calif and the Horstman co was in this area. In my case the driver was frozen and I had to completely dismantle it and clean it with WD-40, clean it off and spray it with dry lube and it works fine. Use plenty of penetrating oil when trying to take any of those parts apart.

X2 on the thanks, I’ve got one in good shape but the drive assembly looks like an Amish Rube Goldberg reconstructed it. Cast pulleys are cool but...