Scored a Fox Thunderbolt!

I just picked up a 14" wheel fox thunderbolt, it has a H50 motor on it.Pretty cool little bike.I'll try and get picks tomorrow, it runs like a champ too.:biggrin:

That is interesting. can we see a close up of that intake?:detective:

Hey Mark, Here you go. the carb looks different too. The engine has a pull start off a 1970 H40 motor but I don't believe its original to the motor.Also the motor has a roller bearing on the pto side,so I think the motor is original to this bike. Sorry to hear about your shipment on the motors you bought Mark, Thats a terrible thing to happen.

Thanks for the pic Rocco, That is an interesting intake, I've never seen a slanted one on a big block. Almost looks like the wedge style that another member was making a while back:shrug:.
As for the motors, I'm pretty much over it just don't want to see others get burned:thumbsup:

I think delray has a couple of those bikes, all original too. Some came with four strokes, and some (I think they were called the Desert Fox) came with two stroke power. I have one also but it's ugly as hell and far from original, a total basket case. The frame is similar to yours, but there are small differences. What parts are you looking for?

Here are a couple of pics of mine. I have wondered what the TC cover looked like. Now I need to find one. :thumbsup:
The TC cover on mine is not the original cover, whoever made it though did a nice job as far as covers go. Your Thunderbolt is nice, could you post the numbers on your motor. I believe they came with an HS50 when new.I just bought a new Dunlop rear tire for mine.:biggrin:

Very cool bike Rocco! I've never seen one like it before, looks adult sized?
Its pretty cool Mitch, about the size of a Honda XR75. This one has a non original 1970 H40 Tecumseh engine on it but its a steel sleeved bearing PTO side motor and it runs perfect with no smoke.I put stiffer rear shocks on it and it rides nice.

Mine does not have the original engine . It had a 5hp briggs when I got it. Its a hs40 now . But I do have a HS50 with a lighting coil for it. I got lucky its only missing the TC cover and the exhaust.

Mine does not have the original engine . It had a 5hp briggs when I got it. Its a hs40 now . But I do have a HS50 with a lighting coil for it. I got lucky its only missing the TC cover and the exhaust.
OK ,I believe originally they had a 73 HS50 motor but I don't know enough about the bike to confirm the exact engine for original numbers.I am researching though.:thumbsup: there is a source to get an original TC cover for you bike though.