sears mini bike project :hammer:

jme

this is my first mini bike project with my son it is coming along pretty good i would like to know if any body would know the name of this mini bkie i have looked around and i know it is from the 60's -70's and saw a picture of them on and old sears catalog and i think they were called trail tamers but not really sure i know that they made two types one with a 4hp and the other with a 5hp the only differance between them is that the 5hp has front and rear suspention so i know i have the 5hp model with front and rear suspention i still need some parts for this project so if anyone can help me out with some good webcites for parts send me a private message also any information on this mini bike would be great im trying to kepp it all orginal and i am looking for the side cover or chain guard on the drive side i have seen one like this on ebay and i think they are chrome and have the same symbol as on the front of it you can see the symbol in my pictures ill post some pictures as the project goes on thanks to all that can help
jme :weld: :hack: :grind: :hammer: :thumbsup:

Last edited:
that's got to be one of the longest run-on sentences i've read. :doah:

if you want to know what it is, post some pics in the "what is it?" section. also, try to keep questions to a minimum in here. if you want to know about where to find stuff or whatever, it's best to post in the general section.

I purchased a sears mini bike model 39180940 the other day. I was sad to find the chain slips off the bike. I figured it needed a new chain. I looked it up on the sears website and was disappointed to discover that the chain is no longer available from the sears website. it said the chain was a #35-116 pitch chain. If anyone knows where you can get old bike parts please contact me.

Also, I was looking at bike chains online and it looked like all the chains come in 10' or 100' lengths. Can you get them in smaller lengths?

Also wanted to know how can you tell if the problem is a stretched chain or a worn out sprocket? I am new to mini bikes but the sprocket seems to work fine. The teeth aren't worn down at all.

:confused:

Last edited: