Sears roper gas cap help

Getting all my parts ordered and blasted/painted but what I thought was going to easy has made me spend a half day online with no results.
I NEED A CHROME TWIST ON GAS CAP FOR A SEARS TANK.
THANKS Capnz

Andrewp

I wonder if one off of a rupp tank would fit? Maybe one of these guys has a rupp and a roper with a gas tank to do a test fit. My ropers have the gas tanks on the motor so I can't help ya. But its an idea:shrug:

Actually a 6.5 clone cap fits them. The chrome one OldMiniBikes sells is the same thing so the #165-203 should fit. Wait till tomorrow and I'll check the one I have on my sweet Roper tank I'm saving for my bike. It has a clone cap on it now and fits well so I bet it works.:thumbsup:

Thanks Outlaw. The tabs on the 165-203 look a little large.
I got a couple more leads.
It's a done deal, my Baja Doodlebug replacement cap (got two and another VIN for another) I got from Baja with my VIN#s is on my Roper tank right now. There are better caps out there, it's not an uncommon opening but mine were free and OldMiniBikes's are reasonably priced. Buy what's right for you. I tried to buy a Roper locally but the guy was an ass and turned down from me what he eventually took from someone else. It had an embossed roper emblem, the OEM cap on a tank that was nice but it was the only unmolested trim piece on the bike so his price was jacked way up for what it was. Not the last one out there. Good luck.:thumbsup: