Self propelled Craftsman mower repair

My landlords have this old (probably four of five, maybe six or seven years old) Craftsman mower that's been sitting in the backyard broken since I've lived in the house. I'd like to try and fix it. One of the front drive wheels is removed, and it appears is missing the snap ring keeps it fastened to the mounting bracket which also features the height adjuster.

I was wondering if anyone knew where I could find a parts diagram for how everything goes back together? There's a gear inside the wheel drum that drives the plastic wheel, which features plastic gear teeth on the inner part of the hub as an integral part of the wheel. Just trying to give this thing new life!

lol i just spent like 5 minutes looking for #17 on the diagram then i reread your post:eek:ut: :doah: i dont think youll have much luck finding a used one people really dont part them out they usually just throw them out and buy a new one :hammer: But anyway id make sure everything else is working before i went buying parts for it there is a point at which its not worth putting too much $ into :thumbsup:

sears is really good when it comes to old engines...... all you need to do is type in the product number in their website and it will give you full diagrams. if you dont know the number than guess on it based on the HP and the type of parts on the engine

The drive mechanism, while a little stiff from sitting outside a long time, turns and such, the axles do rotate, and everything is still connected up. Haven't checked the engine yet, but will look at the basics. I'm guessing this thing was parked after the wheel broke (appears to be broken and missing circlips on the end of the axles.