Sensation Chopper build

This one is for me. I really dig the lines this bike has. I found a Tecumseh 5hp Power Sport engine I am going to use on it. I will have to come up with a different exhaust due to clearance issues, but that shouldn't be too difficult.

Here it is how I found it:

View attachment 58937

The rattle can green kills me, so I hit it with some flat black until I do a better paint job on it. The Tec is just sitting on there for mock up. I also recovered the seat.

I am not sure if I want to keep the stamped steel spoke front wheel on this or go back to the original size and style. Due to the 70's chopper style, I think a set of Astra 5 spoke wheels would be sweet on it. I am also thinking about ditching the scrub brake and going with something a little better.

What do you guys think?

markus

I am not sure if I want to keep the stamped steel spoke front wheel on this or go back to the original size and style. Due to the 70's chopper style, I think a set of Astra 5 spoke wheels would be sweet on it. I am also thinking about ditching the scrub brake and going with something a little better.

What do you guys think?
The astros would look pretty good, the beater one I owned had Tab locs (original astro design-only 4") and I thought they looked good, just needed a big tire for the back :thumbsup:

[/url][/IMG]

Since making the deal for the '70 Sprint and picking up the Chaparral roller, I am thinking I am going to set this one for one of my daughters. I have a really nice old two horse Briggs that would be perfect for her. I will probably let her pick a color (her favorite is blue, fingers crossed, no pink).

Other than freshening up the ignition and cleaning the carb the Briggs will be a drop in. It is white with the gold diamond decals. She only weighs about 60lbs so it should pull her around the yard just fine.

The astros would look pretty good, the beater one I owned had Tab locs (original astro design-only 4") and I thought they looked good, just needed a big tire for the back :thumbsup:

[/url][/IMG]

Markus that bike doesn't look like that today :smile: . Thanks for the before shot I never took one before ripping into it , it definately looks better with the sissy bar I copied off my original Chopper :thumbsup:

Last edited:
What engine is on that chopper? That is the same kind I am going to try on my Chaparral build. The exhaust being on the side and carb being centered, it should give me the clearance I need.

I would like to see the after pics with the sissy bar.

I am thinking about ditching the scrub brake. What would be the best way to go about putting a better brake on it? Drum & new wheel, could I use my wheel and add a drum to that or a disc set up?

All opinions welcomed.

Thanks in advance guys!:thumbsup:

Hey ZW....I would keep the scrub brake.

I had a Sensation Mike Bike as a kid, and have another one now...the scrub brake does a great job.

It is original to your bike, and if the original size tire has the right amount of air, does a great of stopping :thumbsup: .

I'd say leave the scrub, and if you want more brakes, add some sort of band or clutch brake ?

Let me know if you get tired of it altogether, as I'd love to have a Sensation chopper, and would be interested in it.

Have fun.

Robert C

Hey ZW....I would keep the scrub brake.

I had a Sensation Mike Bike as a kid, and have another one now...the scrub brake does a great job.

It is original to your bike, and if the original size tire has the right amount of air, does a great of stopping :thumbsup: .

I'd say leave the scrub, and if you want more brakes, add some sort of band or clutch brake ?

Let me know if you get tired of it altogether, as I'd love to have a Sensation chopper, and would be interested in it.

Have fun.

Robert C
Good to know! Thanks for the info.