Sensational latest find

I just got this Sensation "Mike Bike" to add to my project list. I've got to have a few bikes other than Trail Horse and Trail Blazers. The fenders have been added but otherwise it's a nice frame.

My friend bought one of those new in 1968.The Merrimac Farmers exchange stores here sold them,also the Agway stores.Every farm kid got a Sensation Mike bike.They could just add a few dollars a week to the feed bill and take one home.They were known for breaking at the down tubes about 6 inches down from the fork neck,or at least the ones abused around here were.My friends bike didn't have wheels like yours,he had plain white wheels.

Did all the Mike Bikes have that pointed joint in the frame at the rear axle? My friend bought a new 68,and I just thought it was a frame made of two identical loops,like my Cat.I just don't remember that sharp joint in the frame.Now,it has been over 40 years,so I could be all wrong,but we did compare those bikes day in day out all summer long.It did have a long seat and two of us could ride on it.

Did all the Mike Bikes have that pointed joint in the frame at the rear axle? My friend bought a new 68,and I just thought it was a frame made of two identical loops,like my Cat.I just don't remember that sharp joint in the frame.Now,it has been over 40 years,so I could be all wrong,but we did compare those bikes day in day out all summer long.It did have a long seat and two of us could ride on it.

There were other models of Sensations that did not have the pointed axle plate...in fact I think only the early ones like the one Tom pictured had them.

Here's a different or later model: