Serial Number Mystery for Rupp Minibike

Beautiful bike. Your sticker should be under the seat on the pan. I believe black widows serial numbers started with a "1". That does look like a original sticker on the tail light bracket. I would use a blow dryer and take that off and sell it on ebay. lol. Not sure the history of your bike but that may help. If it was restored by somebody they may of not known what they were doing.

Beautiful bike. Your sticker should be under the seat on the pan. I believe black widows serial numbers started with a "1". That does look like a original sticker on the tail light bracket. I would use a blow dryer and take that off and sell it on ebay. lol. Not sure the history of your bike but that may help. If it was restored by somebody they may of not known what they were doing.
I appreciate the reply Manchester1. It is a nice bike - and we did buy it for my kid but the serial number just didn't look right so that's why I was asking. Was wondering if the number 2 would mean that it was a "72 bike or leftover '71 Black Widow that they sold in '72. Thanks again!

I think the roadsters started with a 2. That is probably a fake black widow but done very nicely. Did you unsnap the seat and see if the original serial number is on the pan? The "2" does not mean 72. I believe it it pinrepair.com that lists the serial numbers. He is a member here.

I think the roadsters started with a 2. That is probably a fake black widow but done very nicely. Did you unsnap the seat and see if the original serial number is on the pan? The "2" does not mean 72. I believe it it pinrepair.com that lists the serial numbers. He is a member here.
Ok cool. Appreciate it. I did not unsnap the seat but will check it out.

cfh

all black widow serial numbers start with '1' signifying 1971, the only year they were made. then there's a space and a '2' which signifies it's a black widow. that serial number tag is a reissue tag (you can tell by the font.) and BW serial numbers will be in the "1 200001" to "1 204000" range. I think someone sells serial number tags on ebay, probably one of those.

that all said, that's a super nice black widow. real or fake, it's super super nice. they spent a lot of time/money to do that bike. it has the optional chrome rear fender too. and it has gray cables (a point many miss.) and the dellorto ua19 carb. that's super cool. would like to see a picture of the other side of the bike too (interested in how they did the motor.) personally i wouldn't let the kids ride it, buy them a coleman for them!

all black widow serial numbers start with '1' signifying 1971, the only year they were made. then there's a space and a '2' which signifies it's a black widow. that serial number tag is a reissue tag (you can tell by the font.) and BW serial numbers will be in the "1 200001" to "1 204000" range. I think someone sells serial number tags on ebay, probably one of those.

that all said, that's a super nice black widow. real or fake, it's super super nice. they spent a lot of time/money to do that bike. it has the optional chrome rear fender too. and it has gray cables (a point many miss.) and the dellorto ua19 carb. that's super cool. would like to see a picture of the other side of the bike too (interested in how they did the motor.) personally i wouldn't let the kids ride it, buy them a coleman for them!
Hey, I really appreciate the insight and agree that it really is nicely done. I got a chance to ride it last weekend - it just took off like a rocket and seemed to smooth out the faster it went with no vibration and the brakes are perfect. I will get more pics this weekend when I get back to the farm. Thanks again.

Ok super I will check with him on this serial number. Thanks.