Setting Valve lash / pull start flywheel issue

hojo

I have a clone 6.5 with no governor so I decided to get 18 lbs springs. I watched the how to vid and now I'm having a issue. After installing everything I'm able to turn the flywheel a couple types smoothly, then on the third turn it becomes impossible to turn with a lot of force needed to turn it over. I don't think its the springs issue because when the flywheel spins good the springs go up and down a couple times and its not like its at the bottom point of the compression of the springs causing the flywheel to stiffen up.
This just in, after I take the spark plug out, everything runs smoothly, but when I put it back in, theres that tremendous suction and I just broke my pull start :censure:. I don't know, are you suppose to put the spark plug in at the right cylinder height:confused:

Kierw

The fact that it's on the third rotation of the flywheel indicates that it is related to one of the strokes of operation, ie: intake, compression, power, exhaust.. Maybe identifying which stroke gives you the problem may help, I am thinking it over, but wanted to get my thought over to you quickly...

hojo

The fact that it's on the third rotation of the flywheel indicates that it is related to one of the strokes of operation, ie: intake, compression, power, exhaust.. Maybe identifying which stroke gives you the problem may help, I am thinking it over, but wanted to get my thought over to you quickly...
It wasn't the third rotation, it was three rotations of my wrist. I measured it and its 1 1/4 turns. I had this problem a while back without the upgraded springs and I forgot how I fixed this, I think it just fixed itself after riding it. But I took it for a quick ride and it didn't sound like it was riding good and it didn't fix the problem.