Shocks

Can anyone explain how to go about selecting the right shocks for a bike? I noticed they all have a load compression weight and I don't want them to be too stiff or would anyone know how to change the stiffness of fox campus shocks

Can anyone explain how to go about selecting the right shocks for a bike? I noticed they all have a load compression weight and I don't want them to be too stiff or would anyone know how to change the stiffness of fox campus shocks
Plumbah, How about answering a couple of questions for me. #1 Do you have a Fox Campus Bike? #2 Does it have the original shocks on it? #3 Are the springs soft from age and you just want to return the stiffness of the shocks to their original factory specs? or #4 Are you looking to make the shocks stiffer than they were originally? Give me an idea of what it is you're trying to do here.....Ogy

Sorry Ogy, I think its a Fox Campus or something marketed under another name but made by Fox, The problem Is that I weigh around 220Ibs and even small bumps cause me to bottom the suspension. I just want to either make the shocks the same as factory or maybe stiffer and If I can't what compression rate would be good if I had to buy new shocks. Sorry if I didn't even answer your question. I just have no clue how to go about suspension systems (I posted pics of the bike in the what is it section If that helps any) Thanks

Dear Plumbah, I took a look at the pics of your bike. Definitely a 1967-69 highly modified Fox Campus. Never heard of Fox manufacturing bikes under another name. Most likely a one of a kind. The sticker is puzzling. Most guys who modify a minibike don't bother with stickers unless they had plans to do a bunch of them and sell them. I had heavier duty springs made for my Fox Campuses but your shocks are not original so I won't be able to help you out there. You're most likely going to have to go with some sort of stiffer small motorcycle or ATV springs. Good luck. Ogy

There's pics in the "what is it?" section, but I'll try to post some after build up pics Asap. And apparently the shocks I had are adjustable so I figured them out, but thanks for everyones help