Should I buy this frame? Is it a tote goat?

Motra

It could be a very early Tote Gote but it's hard to tell from that pic. There were some copies that were really close to a Gote back then. It almost looks like there's a section of the rear frame cut off, I can't tell if it's gone or if the picture's a little blurred. If it's in decent shape it's worth $30.00, I'd give that for it in a second.

I guees I should not look at things at night and with a headache. The frame is toast. Looks like someone used the top to cut wood and the blade made two cuts in the frame. Also, some holes on the side.

Anyone interested in $30 toast?

Motra

That's definately not a real Tote Gote and not even a familiar looking copy (single front frame downtube that connects to a looped lower frame section???). Somewhere on here somebody was talking about a company in Oregon that made copies, maybe it's one of those. From the pictures the condition doesn't look too bad except for the missing rear frame sections.

Anybody with only decent welding skills could easily repair that kinda' damage.

I had to slice and dice my front forks on my Bonanza project just to get the rusted/frozen up lower fork legs loose and out of the upper fork tubes for repair. I cut (split) both tubes lengthwise about 4 inches in order to get them loose enough to remove.

After I got 'em out, I simply welded the upper tubes back up and ground them smooth before refinishing.

Here it is after I welded up the cuts.

No problemo.

Don't give up so easy. Where there's a will, there's a way.

mardyn