Should I buy?

I’m sorta new to the vintage market and I don’t know what brand/model this is. I’ve googled 70’s mini bikes and haven’t seen anything like this. I need some guru advice. It’s listed as 70’s mini bike. It’s about 15 miles from me. I know it’s a basket case but I’m thinking about throwing a offer at the guy. He’s got it listed for $300
thanks guys and gals!

desert rat

I’m sorta new to the vintage market and I don’t know what brand/model this is. I’ve googled 70’s mini bikes and haven’t seen anything like this. I need some guru advice. It’s listed as 70’s mini bike. It’s about 15 miles from me. I know it’s a basket case but I’m thinking about throwing a offer at the guy. He’s got it listed for $300
thanks guys and gals!
You got to got to give us a picture. We can't give values but you could get a "I would do it" or something like that.

Hello @creed bennett ...welcome to the Oldminibikes.com forum.

Don't be too hard on yourself. Glad to see you're able to post pics as a new member.

I think they are asking too much. I might start with offering them a third of what they are asking, and work from there.

That's my opinion anyway...without breaking the no values given rule.

Good luck on it, and keep us posted.

Enjoy the site, and welcome.

You should just buy it send it to me ill dispose of it properly for ya! ;) besides it's close to ya, not halfway across the good Lord's half acre like the ones i find/drool over. Usually 4+ hrs min one way. It's an all day venture for me to go get a lost/score one.

It's worth what it is to you. If you can save it by all means do. Beat'm up on the price and go from there as @RobertC mentioned. There's a ton of info here beyond comprehension.

Welcome to the crazy train... watch out for Car Number Three... "The Rabbit is stalking you" @desert rat warned me! (Didn't help tho :oops: )

Thanks guys for the info. It’s definitely hot pepper/scrapper. I’ve sent the guy a offer but haven’t heard fr him yet. If he bites on my offer I’ll definitely go get it. He also has a pair of tires that still have the stickers on them so that’s an expense I won’t have to worry about. I’m hoping all the rigging under that seat and gas tank are easily to undo. I’ll keep y’all posted.

Well!! Let’s just say that the offer I sent the guy didn’t go over too well And when I told him his description was wrong and told him the model and year range of what he had it went down hill from there. I tried to be nice But it just wasn’t to be!

pomfish

To the OP, where are you located?

This next part is not directed at anyone, just something that is bothersome.
Why can't OldMiniBikes make listing where you are at a mandatory field to be filled out when joining?

There are lot's of times when I may be able to help someone if they lived close enough, but with no area listed we have no clue.
I'm not going to PM everyone to find out and am sure there are other members thinking the same thing.
At least a big Sticky that says, "List your Location on any Wanted, For Sale, Etc."
It helps us all, we do not want your street address, just a general idea of where you are at.
Peace Out,

Keith

100% agreed what Keith (pomfish) stated above^^^^.
I have been preaching this for years to (many) deaf ears that (apparently) still don't get it.
Michael

Harquebus

...Why can't OldMiniBikes make listing where you are at a mandatory field to be filled out when joining?
Well you can't make it mandatory because some people want to maintain their anonymity and privacy to whatever degree they feel most comfortable with, in the same way they {fortunately} didn't make it mandatory to make your username your real name. If your first name is actually pomfish, I apologize.

BUT, it is strongly advisable to put your city or your general area in your profile ONLY IF you want the absolute best chances at nabbing a crusty old minibike that needs some love or you want to tap into the resources of a local Oldminibikes member who may have what you're looking for or know someone who does.

I believe in the minibike community. We all must also believe in it, to make it work.

I know I've clicked on the users name for a general location only to be disappointed to find out not posted.
I've had dealings with few other members here that have been nothing short 1st class. A lot of great people here! Be way nice if we knew where others were located, might be able to help mini-bike family member out occasionally.

I believe in the minibike community. We all must also believe in it, to make it work.
:cool:

Yup yup yepper... as they say in cornfield Nebraska!

pomfish

Hey Pomfish I have no problem telling where I am. I call Princeton Ky in Western Kentucky home. I don’t live in town but I’m pretty close by.
Hey Creed!

Glad to see the update.
My sister lived in Nashville for about 30 years and just moved back to PA to retire last month or we could have been fairly close when I came to visit her. Could have brought you something vintage reasonable.
That's why it's nice to know, opens up a lot of opportunity when we have an idea of location.
Even is someone just says East Coast, it's better than nothing.
Some members used to use the members map but don't know how much that is updated since website upgrade a while back.
Anyway hope you find a bike close to you for a fair price. Patience is the key, they are still out there and sometimes fall into your lap.
Make sure to tell everyone you know or meet you are looking for a minibike or try an ad in one of those small papers. Just say you are looking for parts or complete bikes and you may be surprised.

My buddy just picked a 1973 Corvette today, 350 factory 4 speed, clean title, paint has some issues but point is he found it local, went and knocked on the door got to know the lady and when the time felt right he made a great deal and she is still happy that is going back on the road after being cooped up for many years.
Cars or minibikes, they are still in the wild we just have to work harder or get lucky, or both :)
All for now,
Later,

Keith