side marker lights?

Ok so I was wondering if the power generated from the bike (the electrical power it makes) would be enough to power a few LEDS? I wanted to get a few as a few people couldnt see be for some stupid reason today.

125ccCrazy

Ok so I was wondering if the power generated from the bike (the electrical power it makes) would be enough to power a few LEDS? I wanted to get a few as a few people couldnt see be for some stupid reason today.
is your engine is set up with a charging coil??

delray

apekd, there is couple different ways of running a bicycle generater. you can run it off a tire, just like a bicycle. or off a flywheel like jeep2003 project or modifly it and run it off the chain or find a motor with extra pto shaft. this way it's always turning and you have lights at idle speed. same with the flywheel. when i ran my generater off the chain i built a highspeed bearing on the end of the generater unit,so it could take the load and not the factory bronze bushing thats built into the generater unit or it would probable burn up faster.

with led lights you could get away with just using a sealed 6volt or 12volt small battery and run for hours and hours+++ without draining the battery.
just finish up on a headlight setup that will be using a leds cluster that holds 36 leds fix into a 1156 bulb.
try it out in my back yard(3acres)with a small seal 12volt battery and man it was bright.
if you don't mine the headlight with a blues tint:wink: you will like it for sure.

for side markers you can find different types of leds with amber or red color built into them.

red tail lights with leds built into them, originally use for side markers on a trailer.

i have led lights built into my foot pegs for side markers. my buddy made them and patent the product and sold it$$$$$$
VisiBolts are LED lighted highly polished stainless steel bolts

YouTube - minibike lights