Silver/grey paint?

So I tried to paint up a 5hp briggs to look like the one in the video awhile ago with dupli-color metal specs silver & then clearcoat on the shroud, but it came out with a slight aqua green tint & I want to re do it. Demoralized, I put it on the backburner until I came across choice n.o.s tires recently. The gas tank & air cleaner were painted with a 2nd can & is more correct but I didn't clearcoat them yet as I had some runs. I tried sanding them down but it just needs a do over & my pictures don't do a good job showing how tinted the shroud & block really are. This guy just put out this vid just little bit ago & I believe he has his daughter/granddaughter sell his Engines on E-Bay "I don't think its listed yet". I contacted her through the listing once awhile ago asking what brand paint was used but she just said it was a silver paint... Comments are turned off on his videos So I cant ask directly. Its going on an orange ruttman minibike with vintage mag wheels & n.o.s. sawtooth double Indian head Carlisle tires. I could also paint it white or off white/cream, black, cast-iron, grey/dark grey or aluminum. I just want it to look a bit less "off" & The engine in the video is the definition of correct. Has anyone painted an engine this color & if so, could you let me know what you used or offer any insight?

Attachments

Last edited:

JohnC

I use to buy the laint at advanced auto they stopped carrying it here in MARYLAND so I bought all the cans I could find. Not sure where you will find it but you can try advanced or online.