Skat Kitty build

I'm finally getting started on my Skat Kitty build. I'm not happy with the 2.5 Tecumseh side popper I currently have and would like to see if anyone has one that might be closer to what I need. While it's a complete motor and ran a few years ago, it's a diaphragm carb, curved fin head and the pto side cover isn't drilled for a chain guard. I have a lot of different parts to trade and even a few Clinton panthers I might let go of. I might buy a motor outright or do some horse trading. Whaddaya have?

download.jpg

I assume you are wanting a small flathead from the 50s-60s.
Would a Panther fit in there?
Have you looked on ebay? There are usually several old, black Briggs or Kohler engines on there.

Thepaetsguy

Ask me this yesterday and I would of said $17 for the drilled sidecover head valves whatever you needed off an h25.. I’m serious if the whole h25 could be stuffed into the same box i sent to sparkwizard I would stuff it in the box and use the $17 you PayPal me to pay the shipping to your door... It’s set in my shed for years... I‘m not lying I scrapped it yesterday. I saved the head for my h35 sold The bike but kept the engine for the longest time up until yesterday.. 8ADBAA01-DCE2-4E89-B29E-23532BB533A0.jpeg

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply. Yes, a Panther would fit and early Skat Kittys actually had one, but that's not the direction I want to go. I've searched fleabay and found a few 2.5 Tecs but they're the same as what I have now. I definitely want to keep it as 2.5 Tec correct as I can get it. Here's a pic of a Clinton Kitty.

Skat Kitty _Early (1).jpg

Ask me this yesterday and I would of said $17 for the drilled sidecover head valves whatever you needed off an h25.. I’m serious if the whole h25 could be stuffed into the same box i sent to sparkwizard I would stuff it in the box and use the $17 you PayPal me to pay the shipping to your door... It’s set in my shed for years... I‘m not lying I scrapped it yesterday. I saved the head for my h35
Damn.

I have an H35 Tec with the four hole side cover. Came off of an edger. Has a float carb and a plastic tank. Has electronic ignition.
I put a head gasket in it yesterday. Side popper just like yours. I can get pics right now if you want to see it. It has the straight head fins.

I have an H35 Tec with the four hole side cover. Came off of an edger. Has a float carb and a plastic tank. Has electronic ignition.
I put a head gasket in it yesterday. Side popper just like yours. I can get pics right now if you want to see it. It has the straight head fins.
Sure, I'd be interested!

PM sent.