Small alternator for mini bike?

I've been thinking about getting an alt like that and using it on my schwinn bike.

I want to put a pulley where the pull start cup is and mount the alt in front of the motor and run a belt to it.Should make plenty of juice for lights then.

delray

Muffinator,thats kind of a open question. what you need to find out is what kind of lighting you want on you bike? for example if your headlight is a 4 inch seal beam or a standard car bulb. they will draw about 2amp's and if you deside to have a rear tail light that will be another 2 amp's and if you start to look at the small mini generaters i believe most may only put out 2-4amp's total. also do you want a battery on board? maybe a electric start too.
you really need to figure your lighting first and also another option can be led bulds. they draw less then a amp.
i think my project build bike could be a big help. that bike has a dc lighted coil that only put's out 2 amp's and all my lights are led bulbs. so most of the amp's go straight back into the battery. almost like if it was giving it a trickle charge. i can drive for hours and not worry about over charging the battery and still have enough juice for the electric start..:thumbsup:
http://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/project-logs/12275-project-build-rear-springs.html

Muffinator,thats kind of a open question. what you need to find out is what kind of lighting you want on you bike? for example if your headlight is a 4 inch seal beam or a standard car bulb. they will draw about 2amp's and if you deside to have a rear tail light that will be another 2 amp's and if you start to look at the small mini generaters i believe most may only put out 2-4amp's total. also do you want a battery on board? maybe a electric start too.
you really need to figure your lighting first and also another option can be led bulds. they draw less then a amp.
i think my project build bike could be a big help. that bike has a dc lighted coil that only put's out 2 amp's and all my lights are led bulbs. so most of the amp's go straight back into the battery. almost like if it was giving it a trickle charge. i can drive for hours and not worry about over charging the battery and still have enough juice for the electric start..:thumbsup:
http://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/project-logs/12275-project-build-rear-springs.html
Not really interested in electric start so that isn't a problem. Just want to be able to power some lights. The engine I am using does not have a lighting coil built in.

delray

other question is how are you going to set up a pully system and what kind of engine do you plan on using to make this work correctly.........:scooter: