Small Project

Bought a muffler today and a plumbing coupler to cut into and weld to the end of the header I am bending. I will grind it down and blend it into the header as to not be recognized as any plumbing stuff just a flange to screw the muffler into. Header flange fits nice on the engine, now just need the pipe bent to all the right angles.
Header should look nice, I had the metal so all I have in it is less the 10 bucks and a couple of blooded up fingers.:crying:

DSCN0457.JPG

DSCN0453.JPG

Bent the header pieces today. I wish I had gas for my welder so I could have welded it up. I think I will just tack it anyway because I may want to make a slight adjustment to come out exactly were I want it to. Held it up to the engine, I think it is going to look good.
Hope to get the frame made this week and get some argon.

pipe.jpg

Got a few parts in today to help make the frame fit the parts, now I can figure out the width.
A lot of planing and configuring to do, nice to have the parts to measure off of.
Wheels.jpg

Got stalled on my little compact mini bike project and there is no way "it" will make it to the Alabama meet, life got in the way. I still hope I can find a way to make it there myself. While I was trying to get my shop in order to build this thing I got to thinking about what I would like to see in a design of a mini bike, kind of a modern day mini bike. I'm not going to highjack my own thread here but if you want to see the design look at " Getting Ahead of Myself" under project logs.
Will

Since I didn't get to go to the meet I got a little done.
I mounted the wheels and tires and welded the exhaust pipe.
Now I can start bending the tube for the frame and make all this fit.

DSCN0470.JPG

DSCN0471.JPG

Bent the frame up and now just waiting on a part to make it all fit before I weld it together . Starting on the jig to hold it all in place, took time to start another project. I will put up pictures as soon as I weld it together.