Smoking engine

I have a older honda GX 160. When I first started the engine a couple of days ago, the engine was smoking alot:thumbdown:. I believe the motor oil some how made its way past the piston into the head. If so what would be the best way to extract the the oil out?:confused:And what kind of solvent shouuld i use? Any advise would be apreciated.:thumbsup:

J. Rob.

It should burn off by it's self, unless you have a bad oil ring, run it for awhile and if it don't ease up you have something more then oil getting past a ring, you'll probably find a bad gouge in the cylinder wall.
dave

The guy I got the engine from had it setting on its side in garage for a long time. When i picked it up he had to pull it out from under a pile of junk in his garage. I saw him tilt it upright.:thumbdown:
J. Rob.

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
It's usually the rings, or just to much oil. It can also be the cylider wall being damamged. That would be the worse of all. But all can be fixed if needed.

Sounds like it was because he had it on it's side. :eek:ut: If you don't want to take the head off, just take the valve cover off and whip it all down in there and get sume "tune up blaster" and spray it in the plug hole as directed then run the engine to burn it out , then change oil.

Last edited: