Smoother Clutch

beaudee

:scooter:Do they make a smooth operating cluth for mini bikes.Mine sounds like dog do do takin of with so much vibration.Its the standard centrifigul mini clutch.Again this is 20th century.The vibration is cool but sounds terrible.What is the cadilac 20th century cluth:hammer:pics/part #s would be cool.Thanks Beau Diddley

That's what makes it a minibike. Hissing rattling clutch, chain rattling on the chainguard, engine vibrating.:thumbsup: That's their personality. Max torque clutches make more noise than Comets and Fairbanks Morse. I modified an old Max Torque on my Alexander Reynolds though, and its quiet and no rattle or shaking. I described how in my project thread. It would have been easier to buy a Comet, but I just can't resist engineering out of curiosity.

my Noram Cheetah is pretty damn smooth and quiet. it rattles a bit at idle.

i've run Max Torque and Comet clutches and this one is my favorite.

beaudee

That's what makes it a minibike. Hissing rattling clutch, chain rattling on the chainguard, engine vibrating.:thumbsup: That's their personality. Max torque clutches make more noise than Comets and Fairbanks Morse. I modified an old Max Torque on my Alexander Reynolds though, and its quiet and no rattle or shaking. I described how in my project thread. It would have been easier to buy a Comet, but I just can't resist engineering out of curiosity.
LOL!!!My bike does about 50MPH:scooter:I have a 14 year old daugther that rides it(fearless).I thought maybe something out there would be smoother.I tell her to take off slow.Im not sure what clutch is on there but its a good one.Shes like her dad SVT Galleries - Movie_00012 :wink:

Last edited:
Take the clutch apart & clean it up real well. If it has an Oil-lite bushing it can be regenerated by soaking in heated oil. I've been using Torco MPZ assembly lube on the bearing recently. Works real well.