Sno go ?

dshot59

I picked up what they tell me is a baha warrior frame it's pretty sturdy fellin and heavy.So I'm thinkin it needs a nice big power plant. Along comes this 8hp tech from a snow blower. Push button start (110 volt but hey why not) lighting coil nice large engine. My question is anybody ever use one on a mini ? Seems the side cover on the clutch side is pretty wide making the clutch kinda far out it seems.. Wondering if the chain and sprocket will line up ? The frame is in Carolina at the house and I won't be back there till next week, to see for sure. Anybody have any input on such foolishness ?

Attachments

I don't think it will bolt into the existing holes. Two holes MIGHT line up.
You have several choices. Here are the two that are easiest to explain:
1. Sit the engine inside the frame, line up the rear wheel sprocket with the engine sprocket using a straight edge. Drop bolts through any engine mounting holes that line up. Drill new holes in the frame for the ones that don't line up. This will probably have the engine way off to the right.
2. Center the engine, make holes wherever you need to and mount a jackshaft behind the engine so you can mount sprockets on the jackshaft to line up two different chains.
I have used big engines before. They are challenging to fit in there, but they are a whole lot of fun.
Have fun and be safe.

dshot59

Thats kinda what I figured was hoping it was a big frame lots o' room. But by the time it lines up it would to far to the right hanging out the side. Going back on monday I'll see then I guess. Just thought somebody on here musta tried it somewhere along the way. :D Thanx for the reply.

dshot59

Enjoy I did ! that was great thanks much. I googled " snowblower motor on a minibike" and didn"t see much certainly didn"t see that one . I wondered about a torque converter maybe workin and I have one of those jackshaft plates off my coleman that got a E-bay belt setup. Could get intresting thanks for the vid now escuse me I"m going in !!!!!!

joshua. c.

I have seen this motor in a mini bikes before and they are crazy fast and powerfull. The one I tried ridding had a mikuni carb and header added as the only mods and was insanly fast. I have a hevily modified 5hp flathead in my bike and it left me in the dust. The bikes I saw were taking quite the risk because they didn't have billet rods for or billet flywheels and they had removed the govenors (Not a smart move).
Remember snow blowerd don't use air filters while mini bikes need them. Running without an air filter will slowly kill an engine over time.