So i finally got the courtesy letter from the courthouse.

Bicycles aren't motor vehicles, DMV- Department Of Motor Vehicles. Most of us ride our minibikes on the road from time to time and yes it is against the law, their are a bunch of us that ride together, but if you don't wear a helmet you are not welcome to ride with us, not wearing one is like flipping a cop off, it may be the deciding factor whether you get a ticket or get told to take it home.

lol.. some states actually don't have helmet laws... Many of them really.. In Michigan a Helmet is not required for Mopeds.. Yeah there are groups that get together around here and ride too but it's just as illegal no matter how you look at it.. I use mine for transportation.. Not just to drive once every ten years to say LOOKIT.. I own a mini bike... Here in Michigan, a couple years ago they passed a bunch of new asshole laws tightening their Zeitgeist grip around our throats.. NOW ANYYYYYYTHING with a motor attached LEGALLY NEEDS to be registered.. Pretty well ANY mini bike is technically a motorcycle because it is over 50 CC's, achieves more than 30 miles per hour.. anything that requires the rider to shift is also a motorcycle.... BUT knowing that.... you could ALSO have a Trek mountain bike..... and reach down whilst you are riding and touch a Dewalt Drill to your tire and you JUST BROKE THE LAW because you dont have a Moped Sticker on your trek... Most cops wouldn't give a shit BUT THEY CAN haul your ass to jail for it if they were total gung ho Zeitgeist pricks..... And That's The Way It Was......

PS.. and my bicycle has a hopped up Briggs and Stratton where the pedals USED to be, and has been hacked cut welded fiberglassed bondoed... Has Tomos Targa wheels and is in no way shape or form a bicycle. Except maybe the seat, handle bars, Hutch goose neck and old twist grip shifter for a throttle..

California has passed some laws leaning toward the Go Green factor. It is legal to ride an electric bicycle or an electric three wheel cart, the three wheel cart is considered an electric bicycle, doesn't have to be licensed and you don't have to have a drivers license. However when riding the bike and making a left turn you are supposed to get off and walk the bike. Some law maker was smoking.

Maybe (if it matters) Check wheel base measurement and seat hight to see if its oversized to be considered a pocketbike, but undersized to be considered, ummm, whatever needs not to be considered, I guess.

Also knobbies..... not used on pocketbikes that have tires used for street use (if the officer tries to convince the judge you purposely bought it to illegally ride on the street)