So i finally got the courtesy letter from the courthouse.

A couple weeks ago a buddy of mine and myself were riding our mini's, 2 DB30's to be exact. we were literally 50 feet from the desert when we were caught riding our doodlebugs on the street. Out of all the local sheriff's that could have pulled us over it had to be a traffic pig. this idiot kept referring to our bikes as pocketbikes, we didn't want argue with him, he had already stated that if he felt like it, he could impound our minibikes. well this still wet behind the ears sheriff hands us our tickets. violations are no insurance?, (on a minibike!) driving out of class, and no helmet.

TOTAL DAMAGES: $1,154

ouch,
That really, really sucks, thats just nuts.

I wonder if you could take it to court, and get the insurance thing dropped.

In michigan its a 120 dollar ticket for riding and ORV on a public road, (200+ for the helmet) Id argue that the DB is not license able and is used as an ORV so therefore you cant be ticketed with the insurance.(I may be wrong, but hey, its what id do, that's a hell of alot of money)

Definately fight it! Whats the worst that could happen... you already got the fine its whethter or not they enforce it, I'd give them my 2 cents for sure:thefinger: I think the baconator was just trying to make his quota on you!:censure: If you do get stuck with the fine make sure you tell them you need payments and you can only afford like $20 a month, a lot of times they'll ask what you can afford if you say you need payments.
Good thing there bustingthe honest people and not real criminals, but criminals dont pay there fines so I guess were out of luck:thumbdown:

If you do get stuck with the fine make sure you tell them you need payments and you can only afford like $20 a month, a lot of times they'll ask what you can afford if you say you need payments.
just make sure they don't find out how much you make. the courts do tend to check those types of things.

a guy i work with got a DUI and made too much to get a public defender for free. he ended up getting charged over $3k for one and still got a DUI on his record and his license suspended.

when i got arrested for mine, i decided to get a good lawyer in the beginning. it ended up costing me $5k just for the retainer fee (the DA didn't file charges, case was dropped) but that's better than spending thousands and still getting hahahahaed. at least i got to keep my license. in CA, the criminal case and DMV case are separate. you could win the court case and the DMV could still take your license. i went to the DMV hearing with my lawyer and that shit was intense. there's no way i'd want to attempt that on my own.

if you live in the Bay Area and get a DUI, check out Robert Tayac. he knows what the hahahaha he's doing. i called a bunch of lawyers and he was the only one that wanted to go for a dismissal. the rest wanted to get it knocked down to a Wet and Reckless. He will take it to trial and at that point it gets really expensive ($3,000 a day). it all comes down to what it's worth. can you deal with having a DUI on your record for the next 10 years or do you want it gone.

a mini bike ticket goes to me going on about DUI stuff. at least i got arrested for DUI when i was on my Cat. :laugh: :eek:ut:

Last edited:
Wow! That is a real bummer. I agree with the helmet. However, car insurance and liability insurance, should cover that part of the violation? Having a motorcycle license makes sense. Did the cop just decide to be an ass-:censure:?

My advice is to go to court and plead poverty, take the two days in jail, then go to Hawaii for a week after the sentence. By appearing, and agreeing that you made a mistake it forces the cop to appear, and they all hate to do that, payed or not, get a continuence, so you can gather more legal solutions. Did you have a green sticker?

I would not allow the law to discriminate aganst me in that manner.

"Your honor, I just got the bike at pep boys."
"I paid two hundred dollars for the bike for fun."
"My job has had many cutbacks and I am in poverty level."
"I cannot afford an Atty. or a fine of this amount."
"My wife is pregnant and my child support payments are behind."
"I ask the court to show mersey on this matter."
"I am a Christen, had I known this was the fine I would have gone to the DMV first and then gone to the middle of the desert, just to have a little drug free fun in life."

Then cry a few tears knowing Honolulu is just a plane ticket away and the jail time will give you more time to think about how to improve the mini bike for the same $1154."

TT

I hope you don't lay down and take it in the: :censure:? :thumbdown:

Last edited:

Motra

I don't ride my minibikes on the streets very much but it sure does irk me that bicyclists can ride all over the streets, breaking laws, getting away with about anything they want, and I have to feel like I'm in the wrong if I take a little ride around the block on a motorbike. I know some bicyclists that laugh and joke about how they can run red lights, ride on the street or in pedestrian areas, cut across the street anywhere they want, zip through parking lots for a shortcut, etc. Isn't it dandy that they can laugh about getting away with murder and my tax dollars buy signs that say "Watch for Cyclists."

In Oregon they are proposing a new traffic law that would allow bicycles to not stop for stop signs if there is no cars crossing. And to raise money the State is looking at putting a $56.00 tag on every bicycle every two years for bicycles used for transportation to work and such. that has gone over like a lead balloon. How about Insurance for the bicycles they can and often do damage other peoples property.
If you get caught riding your mini bike the first 5 minuets with the officer will set the results. Add the booze and you are just cooked. Steve :scooter:

UPDATE: Case was dismissed, charges that were dropped are as follows driving out of class (no motorcycle license), no helmet, and the biggie no insurance, cop was a no show, my buddy whom i was riding with opted to go the other route(what a dumbass) he plead no contest, which in turn earned him 180 long hrs. of winter weather community service the equivalent of 1,154 dollars. A night and day difference. I'd say. :wink:

My experience with traffic tickets has been to fight it and hope the cop is a no show.
Glad it worked out for you.
Lately though I dont know if that would be as wise because that is just revenue for the system and they are all hurting for cash like the rest of us.

Having a CDL sucks because without it I might just not be able to work so I try not to do much outside the traffic laws.

We have two old hondas 1 is a CT90 and the other is a S90 licensed as mopeds that I hope to get put together to run this summer last summer was just far to busy.

Ratbike

Man!! This STRESSES ME OUT!!:scared: GUESS IT WAS A GOOD MOVE TO MOVE OUT IN THE MIDDLE OF KNOW WHERE IOWA!! Gravel roads can be dusty but hell no cops, just a Sheriff drives by about twice a year. My experience....stay out of the judicial system...it proves nothing ,including guilt or innocence. Lawyers want to stir it up so they can be sure to get paid...sorry if any of you are lawyers ..just an opinion based on my experience.:gunsmilie:

HAHA!!!!! TAKE THAT Mr. Piggy Man.. :thefinger: I am right in the middle of a driving on Suspended in Michigan.. These A Holes have some SCREWY damn laws. I LOVE to hear ANY story of the Real People beating Big Brother.. Our Government is an evil empire right down pulling off 9-11 and blaming it on a cave man who has mysteriously not managed another single tiny bomb before or afterwards.. :cursing: What are we dumb?... I stick it to the man everywhere I can.. Here in Michigan the COP DOES NOT SHOW AND YOU STILL LOOSE!!!!!! I'm going JURY TRIAL .. Why pay an overpriced layer THAT WORKS FOR THEM?... But yeah, that's Bullshart, I drive my minibikes on the road more than anything in the summer. I blow through town 60 with the pipe screaming on the Suicycle and they have yet to say boo about it.. Matter of fact the city cops think it's cool and the one guy said he's looking the other way on them. I wear painters glasses for the chinese eyes syndrome but otherwise just DON'T CRASH into anything.. And when ya see an oinker, lay on the gas tank and crack it wide open and duck through alley ways... I'll NEVER stop driving my Mini Bikes on the road.. I'm a regular damn broke ass american.. Why don't they use their time to prosecute Bush or Cheney is what i say... To Hell with them all.. They are not God.... Glad to hear you won.. That makes my day.... :001_tt2:

HAHA!!!!! TAKE THAT Mr. Piggy Man.. :thefinger: I am right in the middle of a driving on Suspended in Michigan.. These A Holes have some SCREWY damn laws. I LOVE to hear ANY story of the Real People beating Big Brother.. Our Government is an evil empire right down pulling off 9-11 and blaming it on a cave man who has mysteriously not managed another single tiny bomb before or afterwards.. :cursing: What are we dumb?... I stick it to the man everywhere I can.. Here in Michigan the COP DOES NOT SHOW AND YOU STILL LOOSE!!!!!! I'm going JURY TRIAL .. Why pay an overpriced layer THAT WORKS FOR THEM?... But yeah, that's Bullshart, I drive my minibikes on the road more than anything in the summer. I blow through town 60 with the pipe screaming on the Suicycle and they have yet to say boo about it.. Matter of fact the city cops think it's cool and the one guy said he's looking the other way on them. I wear painters glasses for the chinese eyes syndrome but otherwise just DON'T CRASH into anything.. And when ya see an oinker, lay on the gas tank and crack it wide open and duck through alley ways... I'll NEVER stop driving my Mini Bikes on the road.. I'm a regular damn broke ass american.. Why don't they use their time to prosecute Bush or Cheney is what i say... To Hell with them all.. They are not God.... Glad to hear you won.. That makes my day.... :001_tt2:
no wonder your license is suspended :doah:

HAHA!!! Yeahhhhhh I'm a bit of a Scofflaw I guess you could say.. lol.. :thumbsup: Murdering your grandmother and running a stop sign when you can see 6 miles in every direction are wayyyyyyyyyyyyv different ordeals in my book. :thumbsup:

Hey there Jesse 8931... What is that tractor you have? Do you know or can ya get a little more detailed pics? What's the price tag on that thing? Do any trading for a lighting coil and flywheel for your Super Bronc?