So I've been told?

Addicted 2 Minis

The strangest thing about your bike is the foot pegs. All the small frame Lil Indians that I know of from the mid 70's to late 80's had folding foot pegs. The MiniMate, which was also made by Michrinas had foot pegs like yours. Your frame is known as the late model "2 piece" frame, they had their large ones and small ones like yours, some had spring suspension on the forks, some didn't. All the MiniMates that I have seen have had straight forks whereas most but not all of the large late model Lil Indians had removable handlebars. All the late model small frames I have seen have the bend in the forks above the fork plate. It would have most likely come with a 3.5 H.P. Tecumseh, depending on the year, the blower housing and recoil would look different. Here's a picture of a MiniMate and a late model "2 piece" small frame so you can see the difference in the foot pegs.

MiniMate.jpg Lil_indian_twin4.jpg

I almost wonder it they cut those off an welded on the ones on there because they where gross burger welds. didn't look like the ones on the motor plate to the frame an around the bars.?? It looks like the mini mate frame with the Indian handlebars. It had a sticker on the frame that said serial number. K if that means anything

The strangest thing about your bike is the foot pegs. All the small frame Lil Indians that I know of from the mid 70's to late 80's had folding foot pegs. The MiniMate, which was also made by Michrinas had foot pegs like yours. Your frame is known as the late model "2 piece" frame, they had their large ones and small ones like yours, some had spring suspension on the forks, some didn't. All the MiniMates that I have seen have had straight forks whereas most but not all of the large late model Lil Indians had removable handlebars. All the late model small frames I have seen have the bend in the forks above the fork plate. It would have most likely come with a 3.5 H.P. Tecumseh, depending on the year, the blower housing and recoil would look different. Here's a picture of a MiniMate and a late model "2 piece" small frame so you can see the difference in the foot pegs.

View attachment 257848 View attachment 257850
Maybe your bike is a mini mate frame with a Lil Indian replacement front fork...

Addicted 2 Minis

Maybe your bike is a mini mate frame with a Lil Indian replacement front fork...
I was thinking that too at first but the MiniMates were made like a 2 piece frame but to the best of my knowledge, they didn't separate at the steering tube like the Lil Indians, nor did they have a small frame MiniMate that I know of?.