Son scared himself on the Warrior today

joekd

Son rode my Baja Warrior today

I was playing around with the brakes on the warrior today at lunch (finally got the feel I wanted after ditching the EBC's for regular compound slotted Honda style pads) and was doing some quick rides on the lawn with my son watching

He wanted to know why I started out slow and rolled on the throttle, told him it was to keep the front end on the ground. He of course rolled his eyes and gave me the "yeah right" expression so I told him to hop on and try it himself.

Keep in mind he has not touched this bike since it was 100% stock, it now has the built clone and TAV with upgraded springs for higher engagement.

He started out slow then I can hear him crack the throttle for about a 2-3 second blast, came back with a huge smile on his face.

Still prefers his karts but at least now he believes bikes can handle the power and make for one heck of a fun ride

Last edited:

joekd

It's funny because I had some friends over installing my dining room floor the other day, one of them was asking about the bike, told him how it started as a barely 6.5HP and is now closer to 11HP plus has the TAV, told him he could ride it if he wanted but warned him that the brakes weren't right yet

To say the least he said he will try it some other time once it can go and stop too :laugh: