Sprocket swap question

I have a 2014 baja warrior that I bought 4 1/2 years ago, new, and I've been making it more off road friendly. So far I've rebuilt the engine (The rings were installed in the wrong order), and replaced the 2:1 jackshaft and centrifugal clutch with a 30 series. I recently ordered a 72 tooth sprocket for more torque. So will I need a longer chain to install the 72 sprocket, or will the engine slide back, and the axle move forward, enough to install this sprocket. Most of the places where I ride are sandy, or hilly, and it doesn't like the sandy parts (it's sugar sand), which Is why I want more torque. The engine is mostly stock. And it has a 9t on the TC, but I'm swapping that out for a 10t.

Ok, I was thinking I' need a new chain but I wasn't sure. I might do a test fit just to see if it'll work until I get a new one. The way i'm going through chain I should have bought the 100 foot roll.

Thanks, so any old spray paint should work for the cover, correct? And I was thinking of getting some black engine enamel for the backplate. It'll give me some practice using enamel before I paint the 351w (block heads and timing cover), which is staying blue. And your bike looks great.

Unless you are using paint made for use on plastics, such as Krylon Fusion, I suggest using adhesion promoter (Google it!), preferably the same brand as the paint you are using. I usually clean plastics with isopropyl alcohol (90% or higher) before painting to remove surface oils, etc, without damaging the plastic.

Will do. I'm thinking that olive green will match the frame well enough. And rust oleum makes the olive green, black engine enamel for the TC backplate (I may get two, so I have enough to repaint the H30 on my edger), and an adhesion promoter primer. I'll check if it's in stock the next time I'm at home depot, or make a trip to lowes.

Will do. I'm thinking that olive green will match the frame well enough. And rust oleum makes the olive green, black engine enamel for the TC backplate (I may get two, so I have enough to repaint my H30 on my edger), and an adhesion promoter primer. I'll check if it's in stock the next time I'm at home depot, or make a trip to lowes.