Square Tubed Minibike Frame project

Hello @Nebraska03, here's some California Gold, aka Hound Dog 400 from 1969. Yours is the Hot dog version if I'm not mistaken. Found it as is about 2 yrs ago and haven't seen another. View attachment 303857
@Lizardking , I agree with you, but I always wondered why my bike was 'squared off', for lack of better words, instead of rounded frame corners like the Hot Dog. Suppose it could have been a prototype?

Lizardking

I believe You have the "Hot Dog" that should of came with a 3 hp Briggs and 4 or 5" wheels with scrub brake.

Mine is a 400 model with 6" wheels, 4 hp Tecumseh, sprung forks, Jack shaft and drum brake. The bigger Hound Dog came with rear suspension and 5 hp Briggs.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Last edited:
Welcome!!...

How's your Dog coming along? Current pictures??
It's currently sitting in my folks shed for now. Life happened and I've had to focus more on work, etc. But I would eventually like to get back to it, put a bigger gas tank on it, etc. I have a 2-quart fuel tank I had pulled off a mid-60's Briggs 5-hp in a scrap yard, but had trouble mounting it. I need to clean the carb, sand the flywheel, check the points, etc. No current pics at the moment, it looks a bit rusty from the east coast summer humidity.