Stage 1 kit for lifan 212

I would just get a header from Robertsons
If you need a muffler they can do that too.
They also make pipes that will take a clamp on muffler

I have Robertsons pipes on 2 of my engines and they are worth every penny.
They are high quality and perform really well.

Just saying what i would do, i feel like there are lots of companies that make 212 parts, there has to be someone who makes a pipe that will work or be modified to work, that is within your budget.
Either that or just save up a little more cash.

You could use that 45 degree elbow as a temporary solution but i would not use it permanently.

I would just get a header from Robertsons
If you need a muffler they can do that too.
They also make pipes that will take a clamp on muffler

I have Robertsons pipes on 2 of my engines and they are worth every penny.
They are high quality and perform really well.

Just saying what i would do, i feel like there are lots of companies that make 212 parts, there has to be someone who makes a pipe that will work or be modified to work, that is within your budget.
Either that or just save up a little more cash.

You could use that 45 degree elbow as a temporary solution but i would not use it permanently.
Im just curious as to how a plumbers 45 is not as good as a smooth 45 like what charles s said?

Because it usually decreases in diameter where the threads are.
And there are threads on both sides of the fitting.
Exhaust likes to be smooth and you are introducing a bunch of diameter changes plus a bend, and that will prob hurt performance.

From your posts, it seems like you want more performance but then you want to choke it with restrictive exhaust to save money.

Modding every other aspect of the engine and then reducing performance with a makeshift exhaust, would be a waste of money on the mods already done. And also wasting all the time and effort spent installing those mods.
I think that is a decent explanation of what i am trying to say.

A good exhaust will enable all those other parts to work to their full potential.
A crappy exhaust will not enable them to work to their full potential.
So how much are you really saving?

Again this is just my opinion and it’s your bike and you can do whatever you want.

Buy the fitting, make the exhaust, ride the bike. If the fitting is the difference between riding the bike or not riding it, i wouldn’t fault you for doing it for the short term, heck I think we’ve all done similar i know i have

Just a story. I've known many a harley rider, who after carb rejet, air filter change, exhaust change, went on a dyno. Top horse power came after reinstalling stock exhaust, NOTHING esle. Just a story.

well, you sure you getting 46mph?
because my baja, with stage one, govener removed, torque converter, and some other bits
only gets me to 43mph, and thats if im going all out.

if you want more power, get a stage one kit, and a header with 3/4 plumbers thread, (you can get a go kart exhaust and cut the middle, then reweld it to match your frame), then get a 3/4in threaded lawnmower muffler, just install and bam!
the noise is slightly louder than a stock exhaust, but you wont annoy the neighbors
ive seen people take 3/4 pipe, cut the flange off the stock exhuast, weld thw 3/4 pipe and then get a 3/4 pipe thread adapter thing, weld it on th end, and put a muffler on, but thats only reasonable if you have a welder (or someone to weld it for you, but thats gonna cost as much as a manufactured exhaust)

if you want to spend the money on a billet rod and flywheel, (highly reccomended)
but you can just leave the stock valve springs (which float at 5500 rpms) and use that as a secondary governor, IF you remove the governed assembly

hope this helps!

well, you sure you getting 46mph?
because my baja, with stage one, govener removed, torque converter, and some other bits
only gets me to 43mph, and thats if im going all out.

if you want more power, get a stage one kit, and a header with 3/4 plumbers thread, (you can get a go kart exhaust and cut the middle, then reweld it to match your frame), then get a 3/4in threaded lawnmower muffler, just install and bam!
the noise is slightly louder than a stock exhaust, but you wont annoy the neighbors
ive seen people take 3/4 pipe, cut the flange off the stock exhuast, weld thw 3/4 pipe and then get a 3/4 pipe thread adapter thing, weld it on th end, and put a muffler on, but thats only reasonable if you have a welder (or someone to weld it for you, but thats gonna cost as much as a manufactured exhaust)

if you want to spend the money on a billet rod and flywheel, (highly reccomended)
but you can just leave the stock valve springs (which float at 5500 rpms) and use that as a secondary governor, IF you remove the governed assembly

hope this helps!
Yep it does 46mph.
I already have a stage one kit but had to get a bullet muffer and adapter but because the header sticks out of the frame I need a 45 to put it straight back. I was just finding my options for metal to use.

but you can just leave the stock valve springs (which float at 5500 rpms) and use that as a secondary governor, IF you remove the governed assembl
oh thanks! I was wondering how if I wanted more power I could get it to govern around that!

I wrote the following a few days ago so it may read as if I have not read a few posts. I saved a draft, intending to tweak it a bit before posting so it would read better but I don't feel like spending more time on it so posting as is.

From what I've read, the MM 7.5 HP Lifan 212 has a unique exhaust port so a typical clone header flange would not match the port and thus not flow well. If the round port is as large as some say (I have not seen a measurement but the port has been described as "huge") the engine may benefit from slightly larger tubing than the typical 1" OD to match the port (depending on how "huge" that port actually is, or isn't). I read, somewhere(?), that the MM 212 has the highest flowing head of all stock 196/212 clones.

The Pro Series is not a typical minibike so someone who does not have a Pro Series on hand will not be able to fabricate a header that will fit well, IMO. Without the bike, someone might make a header that won't clear the frame, fender, etc, or it may hang way out in the breeze. The only way to get what you want is to fabricate it yourself, or provide your bike, provide explicit instructions and pay someone else to do it. You could cut/fit the pieces and have someone tack them together, test fit the header, then have it welded when you are satisfied with it.

I'm not sure how you intend to use the iron plumbing fitting but the use of plumbing for exhaust is a pet peeve of mine so I would never recommend doing so. But, it's your bike so do as you wish. My advice would be to fabricate a header that will accept a low/no restriction muffler or just keep the stock exhaust. The stock exhaust is probably less restrictive than a header with a hotdog muffler. Basically, there are two things that quieten exhaust, volume (space) and restriction; a hotdog muffler has very little volume so it has to rely on restriction. That's why modern sportbikes have large mufflers (most now have a hidden muffler under the engine in addition to the visible one(s)), to use muffler volume rather than restriction to meet sound level regulations. On a minibike, there just isn't room for a large muffler; well, I guess you could strap a car muffler on somewhere if you wanted to bad enough, but you pretty much have to choose quiet and restrictive or loud and low restriction. There are only two types of mufflers that I like for a minibike, a 28mm inlet aluminum pit bike muffler ($15 and up) for a modern look and the Lossa Engineering stainless steel reverse cone muffler ($100) for a vintage look. Both are straight-through mufflers so they won't be quiet, they will just tone it down a bit. If I wanted quiet, I'd probably just keep the stock exhaust.

If you ask for advice, you will receive some that you don't like. Do your own thing. Just warn me before you post any pics or video of a plumbing exhaust so I can hit the "Ignore" button. ;)