Steens TACO Mini Bike site

Awesome site man.
On a side note, I know Taco's are coveted bikes but how many of the Taco's that didn't have down pipes for frames make it through all these years without breaking? Doesn't seem like a good engineering idea but i guess im not an engineer...

Mac

Awesome site man.
On a side note, I know Taco's are coveted bikes but how many of the Taco's that didn't have down pipes for frames make it through all these years without breaking? Doesn't seem like a good engineering idea but i guess im not an engineer...
Neither of the two early frames(1963 & ?) I have were ever broken. Maybe the rear suspension saved the frame.

....and the rear shocks on the 1963 Taco are plastic, even the chrome part.

(The value on my frames JUST went up)

Last edited:
Neither of the two early frames(1963 & ?) I have were ever broken. Maybe the rear suspension saved the frame.

....and the rear shocks on the 1963 Taco are plastic, even the chrome part.

(The value on my frames JUST went up)
This is a pic from the 1963 TACO catalog and you are saying that the shocks in the middle of this pic were made of plastic?

Mac

This is a pic from the 1963 TACO catalog and you are saying that the shocks in the middle of this pic were made of plastic?

......Yes, Just ran to the garage to use a magnet on them. Total Plastic outsides. The plastic "chrome" bells on my frame are wasting away. Hopefully the springs inside are steel.

(Got my other Taco frames loaded for Pomona....Now I hope some buyers show up)

Steen's TACO Mini Bikes has been updated.
Check out the new video page. The registry has new listings, and if you have a TACO please send pictures for the registry so we can all figure out catalog errors. Your TACO doesn't have to be perfect it just has to be a TACO. The more TACO pictures we can get on the site the more we all can talk about how Steen's manufacturing there Mini Bikes from year to year. And if you can find an error I will ad it to the new catalog errors page. Also one of the new pages is about Steen's Factories and locations.
Check it out.

Home Page

TACO Don

One more thing, I have been in touch with Adam's Kart Track ( The oldest Go Kart Track in the counrty) and I'm try to put together a day for Vintage Mini Bikes, but Adam's would like to know how many people would be attending so they can figure out how long we would need the track and what would be a good day. I'm trying to get the date of Sunday Feb. 3 2008 the day after The Vintage Kart meet and if it worked out maybe we all could meet once a year?

jake

As a Taco 22 owner I really liked the site its a real flashback. We had tacos when we were kids and used them to do our paper routes. Do you know of any Taco owners groups? Mine is all original and im about to start a resto project to make it like new again.

As a Taco 22 owner I really liked the site its a real flashback. We had tacos when we were kids and used them to do our paper routes. Do you know of any Taco owners groups? Mine is all original and im about to start a resto project to make it like new again.
Go to the Taco website - There's a forum dedicated to Taco only there.